Tuesday, March 28, 2006

All Things Music

Yesterday my new music arrived for the song The Prayer. Celine Dion performs it and some of the words have been changed in her version and it is really beautiful:

A Mother's Prayer

I pray you'll be my eyes, and watch her where she goes,
And help her to be wise, help me to let go,
Every mother's prayer, every child knows,
Lead her to a place, guide her with Your grace,
To a place where she'll be safe.

I pray she finds Your light, and holds it in her heart,
As darkness fall each night, remind her where You are,
Every mother's prayer, every child knows,
Need to find a place, guide her with Your grace,
Give her faith so she'll be safe.


The reason I wanted this song is because Husband and I plan on producing our own adoption video. He has all the equipment needed, and I thought it would be more special if I sang on the video. So I'm looking for songs. This one is a keeper. I also have music for Steven Curtis Chapman's song Love Takes You In and while it is a beautiful song and he wrote it for his daughter, it leaves me with a heavy heart and feeling sad. So that one is a no. I have a cd of Bryan Adams' Here I Am and I've heard it sung on adoption videos before so that one is a possibility. Thoughts or suggestions anybody?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you thought about Celine Dion's song "Beautiful Boy" - suppose you could change it to "Beautiful Girl". Although I'm not crazy about Celine, it's a catchy song.

Thumbelina's Mom said...

I don't like the tune to that song. I thought of 'Miracle' but that's more a song for a first child, especially the part where it says 'the one that I love most'...wouldn't go over too well with other siblings.

Anonymous said...

One I thought of was Somewhere Out There. The words fit but I can't seem to get the version in my head without the mouse' voice singing.(FIDO) Kind of ruins the effect. JB

Anonymous said...

Just thought of another one..what about Because you loved me. I think it is a Celine song. JB