Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Kidless

It's been 51 hours since we have been totally without children. We've gone this long without our kids around before, but never at home. So weird. And while I miss them and would love to have them walk in the door at any time, I am actually enjoying having a house that is staying clean! I cleaned the bathroom on Monday and it is still clean! The kitchen takes me all of 10 minutes to tidy after a meal! And the living room? It is such a treat to not have to move toys before you sit down on the couch. So I think I will enjoy this for a few more days before my homsesickness for them really starts to set in. Is it possible to be homesick when you're at home?

We were talking to the boys this morning and they are enjoying the warm weather...it is snowing here today and very cold and windy. CJ got a sunburn under his eyes, AJ is enjoying mini-golf and tennis, and TJ met up with some fire ants as he was trying to climb a palm tree. Just wait until next week when I bring school work with me to Florida! Such a tender age for them to have to learn reality.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't envy you trying to get them to do homework there next week! Let me know how that goes. We had a good time while we were there - good weather, good food, and best of all, absolutely no homework!!! It's too bad we weren't able to spend some time with the kids though. It would have been fun to scheme with Channing on pranks to pull on the older people there!

Thumbelina's Mom said...

I don't think that place will ever be the same again...they might re-think their policy on letting children in.