Saturday, March 25, 2006

Home Sweet Home

I'm ba-ack! Miss Me? How could you not miss me! The boys had a great time at Grams & Gramps and enjoyed many hours of swimming, tennis, shuffleboard, mini-golf...and homework. I wouldn't exactly say they enjoyed the homework part - it took CJ 6 hours to do his homework the first day I was there - but it got better from there...until today. Today has been one of those days I will be all too happy to forget about. It's been about one of the worst days we've ever had; I don't know if the comforts of home made him slip into Rosemary's Baby mode or if he had just had too much the past two weeks and this was his way of relieving his stress. I'm just glad tomorrow's a new day.

So back to Florida; TJ is no longer caucasian while poor AJ got the burn 'n peel gene and doesn't look like he got very much sun at all. The first time I went to the pool with them, I about had a heart attack when I saw TJ jump into the deep end! This same child who, in December, failed level 1 in swimming for the 3rd consecutive time, is now treading water, doggy paddling, and doing his own, very cute, little version of the butterfly stroke. Those first 5 minutes gave me at least 5 new gray hairs. And they are so much more visible in the Florida sun.

On the flight home we were comic relief for a few weary travellers. We had a good hour to wait before boarding our plane, and one guy got a kick out of watching the boys have their lunch-time snack of jello, cookies and chips. He was out-right laughing at TJ as he was eating the chips; I was reading a book and when I looked at the boys to check on them, TJ was covered in sour cream & onion crumbs. Ech. Luckily for us we were sitting right across from the restrooms, so I sent TJ with AJ to got wash it all off whilst I was on my hands and knees desparately trying to clean up the mess from off the floor and chair.

CJ and TJ both drew pictures of the plane for the pilot, and not only did they get to go to the cockpit to personally give their pictures to the him and meet him, but they got to sit in his chair! He asked if I had a camera...silly man...so I got some nice pictures of them.

Husband will soon be on his way to the airport to begin his journey home. He should be waking up in an hour to get ready (wouldenchaknowit, tonight Denmark turns their clocks ahead one hour so he has to get up an hour earlier) so he flies from Denmark to Germany, has a 4 hour layover and then flies to Toronto, hopefully arriving on time at 2:35 pm tomorrow afternoon. If all goes well, he won't have to be quarantined and will be home around 5:30 tomorrow evening. With chocolate I hope. I have missed him terribly and I don't ever want to be apart from him again! Even for all the chocolate in Europe!

Oh puey - blogger isn't co-operating with me uploading my pics so that will have to wait for another day. Until next time...

No comments: