Friday, March 17, 2006

Top O' the Mornin' to Ye

Happy St. Patrick's Day and Happy Birthday to my sweet little niece who is turning 9 today. Her baby brother turned a year old yesterday; I see him almost weekly, especially when I need my 'baby fix'. He's such a cute little chub. This picture was taken at Halloween, so Chubs looks pretty much the same except bigger, of course, and with a lot more hair. He's a doll.

Today's list of jobs are to do the guys paycheques first and foremost, wrap birthday presents for Chubs and Patty, deliver said presents...I don't always see my nieces and nephews on their birthdays, but today I feel I need to. My mom and step-dad left for Florida yesterday, and that has somewhat ticked me off - why couldn't they have left tomorrow instead? Don't they realize how important it is for little kids to have their grandparents share in their birthdays? So I know that I can't make up for Grandma not being around but it's a gesture, right?

Also on today's list is to go shopping in Ancaster! Woohoo!! A mini-city with real stores! And Husband is going with me, so that's sort of like a date. We are going to go to Covers and order blinds for the office windows and for the boys' windows, I want to go to Michaels, and I want to go to Costco. Yay!!! I'd also like to get a new pair of sandals to take to Florida, something really comfortable that can take a lot of walking; something that would be useful in China if we happen to travel during a warmer season.

Tomorrow's list is to pack, do laundry, get the boys' books from school, do laundry, pack...I'm missing the boys and I can't wait to see them.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy St. Patricks Day to you too!

Sounds like you've got a pretty good day planned - a little work, a little partying, and a little shopping.

As far as packing for next week goes - you should talk to JB about the proper way to pack. She will take a large suitcase and put very little in it for the way there. This way, she is forced to shop for clothing and shoes etc etc. It's her way of turning "wants" into "needs". I even had to carry an extra empty duffel bag in my suitcase "just in case".

Anonymous said...

Tip for you. There are tons of sandals in Florida. I waited until I got there and then bought a couple of pairs. A lot more selection. So did you end up watching basketball since CSI wasn't on last night?
Tell the boys we say hi and have a good time! JB

Anonymous said...

Good thing I talked AB into an extra duffel bag. Coming back at the airport our suitcase was 15 pounds too heavy so we had to re-pack and the duffel bag came in very handy. It is funny how much two pairs of sandals weigh. JB

Thumbelina's Mom said...

So for sandals, I think I'm wanting a pair of Birkenstocks...they look comfy; did you see any of those around Florida? I'm concerned that my suitcase is going to be overweight just from the boys books; they are heavy. As for CSI, we watched an old episode on Global at 8 and then started watching Police Academy or something stupid like that at 9; went to bed at 10 before the movie ended.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous

If you are going to leave comments on our blog, could you please simply select "Other" as the identity and put in your initials in the name section? Thank you. This is easier than putting the JB at the end of the comment. I think this will help all of our readers in the future.

Let's all do our part to make this blog work.

Thumbelina's Mom said...

AB - I think you've scared away all the other readers ages ago...our blog???

Anonymous said...

I think this blog has been hijacked. Could you please take AB to Florida with you. That would be a really nice vacation for me! JB

As for the birkenstocks, I am sure they have them but I wasn't looking for them so didn't notice them. On the other hand, do 80 year olds wear birkenstocks? They may not be a popular item in that part of the world.