Thursday, March 16, 2006

It's Thursday!

Thursdays are my favourite day of the week because Husband and I have a standing date each Thursday night to watch CSI together. We always make time for CSI. Very important you know. Spring break is almost over for the poor saps that have to go back to school on Monday. Suckers! I shouldn't laugh in their face because my turn is coming next week when I try to get CJ to do his homework.

There isn't much exciting happening around here this week. Most of the laundry is caught up, I did quite a bit of ironing yesterday, the house is still clean...I did want to paint Thumbelina's room but I thought doing laundry was a bit higher on the to-do list, especially since Husband enjoys having clean socks and underwear each day. That reminds me of a joke the boys always say, Mom look under there. Under where? HAH! You said UNDERWEAR! Yes, they're very jeuvenile.

This morning some salesmen were here and we bought a truck scale from them. As I was writing out the cheque for the downpayment, one of the guys looked at me and said, So are you the ass? Thoughts started running through my mind - You really shouldn't call me an ass if you expect to get paid...Is this some sort of slang that you call bookkeepers...Excuse me??? I just looked at him and he said to Husband Is she the ass for jay and ass? OH! You mean ES as in J and S, I get it. Okie-dokie everything's good now. Did give me a chuckle though.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so funny! That is the same joke that AB tells me all of the time! That is probably where your kids learned it from. Scary thing is, I don't think they grow out of it. JB

Anonymous said...

Loved the "S" joke. Although that's actually our mother-in-law that he's talking about. Reminds me of one of our M-I-L's phrases that she said while we were in Florida. "Once the sun goes down it is like day and night around here". Another one was "I bought a book at the dollar store and it was only a buck!" Never mind all the "Touch base", "Get your bearings" etc...

I was most surprised when we were relaxing there one night and she looks at me and says "Shouldn't you have some ice cream tonight?" I almost gave her a big hug for that one!!

Thumbelina's Mom said...

Pearls of wisdom...