Thursday, March 30, 2006

Fashion Atrocities

I was in TJ's class this morning, helping out with the reading group and I bought some sandwiches for lunch on my way home. Ham on cheese bread. So yummy. Anyway, I was eating my sandwich and watching Days of our Lives...I know...it's Marlena's and Alex's wedding (does anybody other than me know that Alex is Roman from 25 years ago? Are they ever going to bring him back as Roman or will it get too complicated? Now there's an Oxy-moron - a complicated soap! What would happen with the current Roman...I guess he could become John Black's brother Joe or something). OK, so it's their wedding day...forget the fact that Lucas just proposed to Carrie (couldn't he have found a more romantic place to propose? Honestly, her Mother's wedding???); and Belle broke up Shawn & Mimi's honeymoon (I really only see this show once every few months) and there is Kate...wearing patterned stockings! Oh they were terrible!!! I wanted to shout - My eyes! My eyes! I think way back in the 80's I maybe had one pair and I really really really hope they don't come back into fashion...the soaps are usually the first to wear things in fashion...but these were so busy. Her legs looked like giant diagonal palm trees; I don't even know what the pattern was supposed to be. It was really quite horrid.

5 comments:

M3 said...

Oh man, I think I used to have a pair of those stockings! *cringe*

Thumbelina's Mom said...

Didn't you feel so 'in' wearing them??? Now it's just a horrible memory...blech

Anonymous said...

I would like to make a motion that anything to do with "Soaps" be omitted from our blog. I normally enjoy this blog's content, but today it left me saying "Hnuh"

Thumbelina's Mom said...

Your notion is duly noted.

Anonymous said...

I am just curious on how many wedding dresses Marlena has bought now. She must have a closet full of them by now! JB