Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Happy March

March 1st - wow. Spring is almost here and soon (hopefully) the temperatures will reflect the look of spring we've enjoyed since Christmas. Seriously, we have had no snow accumulation since December. A sure sign of spring is that RRROLL up the rim is back at my favourite coffe shop. I get so excited whenever I win something; it's never been bigger than a coffee or muffin, but still. And the boys are at our elbows looking as we RRROLL up the rim (I can't roll my r's); now AJ has taken on the task of rolling them up and he's constantly hounding me - Have you finished your coffee yet?

Last night at bedtime, I sent TJ up to read a book while I was still getting CJ ready for bed; when CJ and I went up to their room, I didn't see Teej, so I called out his name. Up popped his little head from the other side of the bed (he was on the floor reading) and he said, "Just reading a book, my dear. Just reading a book." How funny is that!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too have trouble doing the rolling Rrrr's. I am not a coffee drinker, but did have a hot chocolate at Tim's yesterday. I actually went with the Chicken Salad Sandwich on a brown roll, toasted. I switched the coffee for a hot chocolate and the donut for two cookies. They were out of chocolate chip, so I went with the cookies with M&M's inside, which I have liked before, but this time they weren't as good as I remembered. Ah, yes - my point was that the hot chocolate came in a Roll up the Rim cup. This is where the story gets interesting. My colleagues from work that I was having lunch with were excited as you are about the rolling of the rim and prizes and such, but I was not nearly as excited as they were. Kept saying that we would all get the "play again" and trying to really put a downer on their excitement and suck as much fun out of the situation as I could. For some strange reason, doing this made me feel very happy inside - but that is more a story I should be telling my therapist. Anyway, after finishing the lunch they immediately began rolling. Sure enough neither of them won anything. You can just imagine my comments now - the whole "told you so" routine etc... Slowly I rolled up the rim on my cup & could see their beady little eyes wondering if I won a muffin or the plasma. I assured them that my cup would not be a winner. Soon, everyone in the restaurant was around our table watching me. Then the chanting began "Rrroll Rrroll Rrroll - louder and louder and louder. I couldn't believe that people had nothing better to do than to see if I won anything. I mean, how pathetic is that? Ok, nobody else gathered around but my two work buddies were certainly interested in whether I won or not.

Anyways, I agree with you. Spring is a great time of year.

Thumbelina's Mom said...

So did you win or not?

Anonymous said...

Nope, got a "play again", so I might just do that. If so, I'll definitely let you know how it goes!

Thumbelina's Mom said...

can't wait