Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Busy as a Beaver

Ever have a really good idea, like say how to raise money for your kids school, and everyone else thinks its a really good idea too, and then you get put in charge of organizing the event? Yah. I know. I need to keep my ideas to myself. Saturday, May 6, we are having our 2nd (Probably Annual) Silent Auction Fundraiser for our school. My boys go to a Christian School that our church has and we pay tuition, so any extra money that is raised helps to keep costs lower for all involved. Last year we (and I say that loosely) threw the silent auction together in 6 weeks and everyone had a really good time...except the woman who was supposed to be helping me collect payment...she spent the whole evening standing behind me telling me I used the wrong font - it was too hard to read, I priced almost everything incorrectly, I should have started out lower, blah blah blah blah blah. I really really wanted to put my hands over my ears, close my eyes and yell Na na na na I can't hear you. But I didn't. I didn't ask for her help this year.

I have a basement full of items that people have been giving me all winter, and now that May 6 is looming ever closer, I guess it's about time that I got off my lazy duff and started organizing them. We easily have twice as many things to auction off this year than we did last year. Some people want part of it to be a live auction...we'll have to see how that all works out. Everybody has an opinion as to how it should go. Last year the big ticket item was a dozen butter tarts every month for a year. Sold for $100.05. The winning bidder gave me one, and I must say, they were worth every penny. Not that it was my money, but it was money well spent.

So I think I'll go finish off my chocolate from Europe; I wish Husband had bought me 2 or 3 or 4 or even 5 boxes, but we figured that $20 Euroes, which is what they cost, is equal to about $30 bucks Great White North. Wow. They are so worth it.

No comments: