Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Dinner Time Hijinks

Last night at dinner, Husband actually yelled at me - "GO AWAY!" I did deserve it though. I am just horrible at keeping a straight face when we're disciplining the boys...and they know it. TJ wasn't too fond of supper although Husband loved it. Anyhoo, Teej has this little habit of spreading his food across his whole plate to make it look like he's eaten a lot and doesn't have too much left (pretty smart for a 6 y/o); so he wanted to be excused last night from supper because he was full. The conversation proceeded something like this:

TJ: I'm full, can I be excused?
Husband: No, eat some more supper.
TJ: Mommy?
Husband: TJ, I said eat some more supper.
TJ: But...Mommy?
Husband: Mommy isn't here.
Husband: Don't like at me with those puppy-dog eyes, it doesn't work on me.
Me: Giggle
TJ: Mommy?
Me: Giggle
Husband to CJ: Finish your homework...no buts about it.
CJ: YOU SAID BUTT!!!!!
Me: Laughter as chaos ensues...
Husband to Me: GO AWAY!

Don't criticize until you've walked a mile in my shoes...or even a foot for that matter...it is very hard to keep control on the funny farm.

Here's a picture of TJ eating his ice cream cone...he finally did finish enough supper to qualify for dessert:



Doncha wish you were this flexible??? He always sits like this.

CJ was up a few times in the night with an earache, so this morning, he woke TJ up and they came down to my bed. I was somewhat awake, enjoying my morning coffee. CJ crawled in on side and TJ in the other...then TJ said, "Excuse me - cold here!" Sheesh! Demanding child. I tucked him in the best I could without spilling my coffee.

CJ just made me a bowl of popcorn...can you smell it? I wonder what else he has gotten into....

1 comment:

Just Us Girls said...

What a handsome boy you have!! Too funny reading your post about discipline (LOL).

Carrie