Friday, January 05, 2007

24 Hours Later

Thanks everyone, for your well wishes! It really means a lot to me.

I'm still walking on a cloud. My notes that I took the other night I carry with me everywhere I go. My notes are sitting on top of my stack of paperwork...which is probably why I'm not getting anything accomplished. I'm dying to see her picture. Literally dying. Literally. Dying. I'm having a hard time concentrating on anything else. My thoughts are all jumbled.

I picked out a name 2 years ago even though Husband still refuses to talk names, and now I'm having second thoughts about that name. Is it any wonder he won't talk names with me? We had this conversation last night:

Me: Think about names tonight when you're sleeping, so when we see her picture we can pick out a name right away.

Husband: We'll pick out a name when we see her.

Me: Picture.

Husband: Her.

Me: Picture!

Husband: I don't think you're listening to me.

Me: I don't think you're listening to me.

I get so irritated with this conversation, which we seem to have every day, and yet I can't stop having it. He loves to bug me and I fall for it every time.

So did you all see The Office last night? Dwight is such an idiot. I thought that scene with him and Pam was the funniest of the night. Idiot. But I couldn't stop laughing. Idiot.

It's Friday. One day closer to Thumbelina and her picture! Yay! Yay Yay Yay Yay Yay!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, if I was in your shoes? I would break into the place where the pictures are. Or bribe someone. So its probably a good thing that I am not in your shoes! lol. We're going to have daughters very close in age!! DAUGHTERS!! YOUR GOING TO HAVE A DAUGHTER!!! You need to start thinking about her 1st birthday....No pressure... hey, email me the link to your adoption blog- I lost it.

Thumbelina's Mom said...

You have no idea how badly I want to do that. Our agency is in Toronto - two hours away - and I'm too chicken to drive there. Too much traffic.

I have Emma's picture on my fridge, and Wednesday night after The Call I looked at her picture and thought - Thumbelina is only 6 weeks older than Emma! Meanwhile, I'm living vicariously through you two =)

Thumbelina's birthday is the day before one of her auntie's which is really cool. They might even have a party together!

I have so much shopping to do!

Anonymous said...

Do you have Old Navy? They are having GREAT sales on baby clothes. Great time to stock up for next Winter.

Anonymous said...

Judy, you tell DH you have to pick a name from the picture because there's paperwork that has to be done before travel and you MUST have baby's English name...so there!lol BTW, we had a list of 5 names for Emma and when we saw her, she just looked like an Emma, not a Dana or Tara or Audrey or Sydney!lol I can't believe they can't e-mail you her picture even though the director's out of town...that sucks!! I guess waiting is all part of the process and we're all getting good at it aren't we!

Julie

Thumbelina's Mom said...

I have told him that and you want to know his reply? "Is it the law? Are they going to put us in jail if we don't have a name?" And then I said, "No, just you for being uncooperative and mean!"

I am trying really hard to be patient about Thumbelina's picture. Trying to be.

Anonymous said...

Yay :) oh yay :) can't believe that emma and thumbelina are so close in age, thats too cool :) so...hmmm...toronto is two hours away from you? i wonder where in ontario you are....hmmmm...i'm about 20 mins. outside the GTA (as they like to refer to it as) in the durham area :) ya, i too would like to know your adoption blog address, would you be able to post it up again to refresh the memory? thanks :) hope you can survive this weekend in one piece, you must be sooooo excited :)

Thumbelina's Mom said...

We are southwest of TO.

Anonymous said...

Oh I am so very happy for you all!! What wnderful news!!

Roses said...

One of my children was nameless for three days after being born.

Best to start thinking names as soon as possible.