Thursday, January 04, 2007

It's a GIRL!!!

We got The Call - WE GOT THE CALL!!! - last night at 10:00 - LAST NIGHT AT 10:00!!! - Sorry, I'll stop yelling now.

So the scoop is our agency is director is on holidays and won't be back into the office until Tuesday, so the VP was calling the families just to let them know that our referrals have arrived. We have to wait until the director is back before we get more detailed information OR PICTURES which is killing me - KILLING ME - but what I do know is this:

Chen Qi Liang was born May 6, 2006 and is at the Chenzhou Children's Welfare Institue in Hunan Province. And she is just absolutely stunning with a full head of thick black hair.

My first thought was, I don't have any barrettes for her! I have to go buy barrettes! I've been holding off with the hair accessories until I saw her picture in case she was bald and we didn't need anything.

So we will be travelling mid-March, which is what we expected.

So Alfred's Mom was the closest in guessing her age - AM guessed 9 months and Thumbelina will be 8 months on Saturday. Julie & Janet both guessed Hunan Province, so congratulations on your guesswork everybody! I was wrong all around. Although Jiangxi and Hunan are neighbouring provinces...

Anyway. I'm sure today will be a productive day. You all know that was sarcasm, right?

YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY!

I'm just giddy.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! The long wait is almost over.

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOODNESS, I'M SOOOOOOOOO EXCITED FOR YOU GUYS ;) Oh how sweet, a girl, awwwwwwww.....now we need names names names (which i know we have to wait for u to see pictures to get a good name) Oh can't wait to see her :) I've gotten so into your process, now i'm super psyched for you :) A fellow canadian adopting a sweet sweet girl, oh you'll have so much fun with her :) the boys will be smitten i'm sure & great big brothers :) Congrats again, can't wait till next week for more details, as i'm sure you can't wait either :) yay yay yay, i'd be dancin' on cloud 9 :) have a WONDERFULL day, if you can concentrate :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!! I'm so excited for you, can't wait to see the new babe!

Julie

Anonymous said...

OH WOWWOWOWOW!!! I cant tell you how many times I kept coming back to check your site to see if there had been a call!!!! Yeah!! Just think, your daughter (!!!) will be a month and a half older than my daughter!!! WOWOWOWOW!!!!

Go shopping!

Val, Ron and Miss Olivia said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! My Olivia is also a Hunan girl! Can't wait to see the photo's. Yippee for your and your family! March is a great time to travel to Hunan - not too hot. Enjoy the euphoria!

Val

D & S said...

Congratulations! That's so wonderful. March isn't that far away either. You'll have her in your arms before you know it.

Catherine said...

Congratulations!!! What an exciting day for you! Looking forward to seeing pics next week.

Bring on March! :o)

Anonymous said...

Judy and Family,

Congratulations on your new little one. When we traveled for Ava, our first there were 10 babies from Yueyang Hunan and 5 from Chenzhou. One of those little CHenzhou cuties is still to this day my daughter's best friend, they only live 10 minutes away.

Oh I'm so excited for you. Are you going to post her picture? Enjoy this time!