Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Good News & Bad News

Good News: My computer doesn't have a virus nor spyware; it was just a glitch with the Windows program.

Bad News: It's still at the computer store getting the hard drive re-computed or something like that, so I'm unable to scan any pictures to post on my blog. Hopefully I'll have it back tomorrow.

Good News: WE HAVE PICTURES!!! (of Thumbelina, silly)

Bad News: We can't scan them (see Bad News above) so you'll just have to take my word for it that she is the sweetest, most precious, most beautiful baby girl there is.

Good News: We're getting closer to picking out a name.

Bad News: We haven't actually decided on one yet.

Good News: I feel relaxed enough that I think I can sleep tonight. I actually feel exhausted.

Bad News: I'm too excited to sleep. I guess that really isn't bad news unless you're one of my offspring who catches me overtired in the wee hours or the morning. I'm not a morning person.

Good News: We should meet Thumbelina on March 12!!!

Bad News: Her room isn't ready for her yet.

So there you have it. It's been quite a day. Tomorrow I have a doctor's appointment to go over her medical information; and then on Saturday we'll meet with our social worker. And then early next week our agency should be able to send everything off to the Province for approval and then our acceptance of our referral will be sent China. YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!

Happy Dreams, Everybody!

5 comments:

Val, Ron and Miss Olivia said...

GET SOMEWHERE WHERE YOU CAN SCAN THE PICTURES!!! I can't wait to see your beautiful new daughter. So glad you finally have all the info - now you just need her in your arms. I found the time from referral to travel went incredibly fast, so don't waste time getting stuff done - you'll be in China before you know it.

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Oh, can't wait to see pictures of your sweet, precious new daughter. You guys must be just thrilled & anxious & happy & elated & nervous.....Oh man....I agree with val & ron, get somewhere you can scan pictures, everyone wants to see :) take care

Anonymous said...

Two ideas for you.

A) Ask the director to email the pic to you so you have it in your computer.

B) Take a picture of the picture and upload it. I do that all the time. Just do it in very bright light.

WE NEED TO SEE THE PICTURE.

Anonymous said...

I know whatever name you pick it will be beautiful and suite her to a T. Just so long as you decide to name her Lorraine :)

Thumbelina's Mom said...

Anonymous - Can you sense I'm rolling my eyes?