Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Waiting...Patiently Waiting

TODAY might be THE DAY we get THE CALL!!! And I jump everytime the phone rings. I've got lots to do today to keep myself busy, but still! I couldn't sleep last night just thinking about Thumbelina. A friend asked me yesterday if I had any guesses as to how old she is and what province she's from, and honestly, it has never really crossed my mind as to the specifics. So to keep ourselves occupied today, let's all make guesses about Thumbelina. I'll go first:

Province: Jiangxi
Age at Referral: 12 months
Weight: 17 lbs

So there's my best guess. And if you happen to be the winner of our little guessing game, you will get...well nothing...other than the satisfaction of being right. So good luck!

Today I have to sing at a funeral. I don't at all like singing at funerals. I don't know this family or the person who died, she was a friend of a friend, and the friend is kind of organizing it all. It's actually more of a memorial service. So the friend asked me to sing, and told me to pick out a song, but she's said no to the first 3 songs I picked out. This 4th one, she doesn't know. Neither do I. So I've been doing a lot of practicing these last few days. But I woke up this morning with the tune in my head, so that's a good thing. But I'm nervous anyway. And my hands are shaking. But is that due to the funeral or our impending referral?

Honestly, I hope we get the call this afternoon, after we're home from the funeral. I just don't see myself being solemn after receiving news about Thumbelina. So. There's my day. I hope yours is exciting as well.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

firstly, i can't believe you post so early, whew :) secondly, i sure hope your phone call arrives today, that would certainly be a blessing on a not so happy day, after signing at a funeral. best wishes to you all for that phone call. As for guesses, no idea of province, age at time of referral 10 months, weight, 16 lbs. thats all i gots :) try & have a good day, you'll sing beautifully i'm sure!!

Anonymous said...

I'm going to guess girl, Guangdong, 15 months, 18 lbs. Let me add that I'm most often totally and completely wrong on these guesses so you'll just as likely end up with a 6 month old boy from Hunan!lol Oh man, you'd really be outnumbered badly then!!lol Good luck today...can't wait to hear about the call and good luck with the signing!

Julie

Thumbelina's Mom said...

I've been saying all along we'd probably get a boy just because I have a closet full of dresses and pink =)

What's one more boy?

Anonymous said...

I thought it was definetly going to be a girl? Im guessing 9 months, 22lbs.

Let us know right away!!! Cant take the suspense!!!

Thumbelina's Mom said...

The CCAA has in the past referred boys when girls were requested. We've asked for a girl, as young as possible, but you just never know until your referral comes if your requests have been granted.

No news yet...still patiently waiting...

Middle-Aged Moi said...

AAAHHHHH.... you must be sick to your stomach! I would be. My thoughts are with you while you wait......

I'm guessing a girl, Hunan, and 10 months old.