Saturday, January 13, 2007

We Have a Name!

Finally we have a name. Poor little peanut has been referred to as The Baby Girl or Thumbelina for so long, Tigger actually thought that's what her name was! I printed off copies of her picture for the boys to take to school with them, and Tigger's teacher asked him what her name was - he said, We're thinking of calling her Thumbelina. I don't know what his teacher thinks of us now...probably not much different than she thought of us before...

So things are falling into place. Our doctor checked out her file and was very pleased and we had our visit with our social worker this morning. I need to Xpress Post all our signed documents back to the agency today, because did I tell you - we're going to Banff next week! Yay! I'm so excited. Husband hadn't decided if he should go this year again or not, and when I asked around for baby sitters it all worked out, so that pretty much decided that he was going when I said I could go too. It's for pig meetings, and I'm just going along for the ride.

Oh, did I forget to mention Thumbelina's name to you? Bwahahahahaha. Okay, I'll stop playing mean. Her name is Kallie Hope Qi Liang. Kallie means Beautiful as does Qi Liang...I'm pretty sure. She was given that name by the orphange in the hope that she would grow to be bright and beautiful. Did I tell you all this before? Forgive me if I'm repeating myself. So Kallie. I think she looks like a Kallie. She certainly is beautiful. And just so you know, this will be the only post that she's referred to as Kallie; after this it will be back to Thumbelina again.

I'm very happy.

5 comments:

Val, Ron and Miss Olivia said...

A beautiful name for a beautiful girl. I don't have much time to follow blogs like I did when I was waiting, but I'll really look forward to following your journey. Congratulations again - now stop staring at her pictures (yeah, right - tee hee).

D & S said...

What a beautiful name. We're in the same boat as you, dh won't pick a name until he we have her picture, whenever that might be.

Anonymous said...

ok, i have to ask, is it pronounced k-al-ee or k-ale-e? like with "al" or "ail" being said in the middle? Maybe its just me, lol!!! however it is pronounced, what a beautifull name!! & thats amazing how it relates to her given name as well. congrats' on going to banff, i'm sure that will be an amazingly needed break!!

Thumbelina's Mom said...

Thanks so much everybody! Her name is pronounced 'al' - short a vowel sound - Kallie rhymes with valley.

Anonymous said...

thanks for clairifying that jaj, i didn't want to go around thinking it was something different :) kallie is a great name, very original & suits her quite well :)