Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Four Things, Maybe Five

1. Missing Gum
2. Missing Wedding Ring
3. Travel Plans
4. Cats

1. Missing Gum. There is one brand of gum that I absolutely love. Dentyne Frostbites, orange flavour. When we went to Florida in October, I ran out of gum and couldn't find any there. Lots of different brands that we don't have in the Great White North, but not my orange flavoured frostbites. It was very sad. When we got home, I was quite alarmed because the grocery store that I shop at didn't have any. So then I was all worried that because we were gone for almost a week, and I didn't buy any during that time, they thought people didn't like them and as a result stopped stocking them. About a week later, I noticed my frostbites were back on the shelf, so now, everytime I go to the grocery store, I always buy two packs of my oranged flavoured frostbites. In case I run out again. I keep them in my nightstand, which probably isn't the smartest place to keep them, because Shaggy has found them. And has eaten a few packs. Okay, he's had 5 packs. Yes, Five! I thought I had more than what was there. Anyhoo, yesterday morning, I found 2 empties under his pillow. That afternoon, Tigger found 3 more empties under his pillow. Needless to say, he has committed an apocolyptic sin. It's my frostbites, after all! Still thinking of a good punishment for him.

2. Missing Wedding Ring. Husband's wedding ring is missing. As in stolen (we think) missing. At the pig barn, everybody has to shower in because we have healthy pigs and we are trying to keep pig diseases at bay. So every once in a while, Husband will forget to put his ring back on after his shower and will leave it in the shower. He did that last week. Jay-man at the barn found it and gave it to our Pal, who told Husband about it as we were enroute to Banff. Our Pal put it on top of the fridge in the lunchroom. Only when Husband went to get it on Monday after we got home, it wasn't there. Nor was it on the floor. Our Pal even pulled the fridge out and looked behind it and underneath it. There are a few new employees and people seem to be pointing fingers at the newest guy. The newest guy also said he thought someone had gone through his clothes but nothing was missing... so did this really happen or is he the guilty party trying to throw suspician away from himself...I hate to think that someone actually stole a wedding ring. I started to cry when Husband told me, not for the monetary value of it, but because it is a symbol of our love.

3. Travel Plans. We got an e-mail from our agency this afternoon and our tickets are booked! We leave Friday, March 9th at 7:00 am, have a layover in Vancouver for a few hours because the direct flights were booked, and arrive in Beijing on March 10th at 6:00 pm. We leave Beijing on March 24th at like 2:40 pm and arrive home (direct flight) that same day at 4:00 pm. Wild, isn't it. We're still going to try to get our tickets through airmiles, so these plans aren't set in stone until next Tuesday when payment is due.

4. Cats. We seem to have a cat. I think she moved in to Buddy's dog house when he was vacationing at the vets last week, because she ran out of there last Saturday and has been hanging around ever since. Shaggy was in tears because she ran up the tree. I told him that if she could climb up it, she could get down. She did eventually jump down to the boys and seems to be friendly and purry. And is trying to get in the house. Buddy is a He-Dog Cat Hater. You remmeber the Little Rascals? He-Man Woman Haters? Same sort of thing. Anyway, I bought some food for the poor thing and we've been feeding her outside. This afternoon she was meowing to me at the back door, so I let her in whilst my assistant got the food for her. She's just a kitten. I'm tempted to take her to get fixed because the last thing we need around here is kittens running around the yard. Shaggy has told me that her name is Princess Puffy Jr. the 2nd.

One more thing, if your kid's teacher writes a snotty note in the homework book, is it wrong to write a snotty note back? Not really snotty, but there is a definite tone.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh goodness, so much going on, so little time to comment. good luck with the ring (a'hole people) the cat (i'm sure she'll fit right in) the flights (to your baby GIRL!!!) and your gum (& your wired child on sugar, lol) whew, your one busy lady :)

Roses said...

As for the snotty teacher note:
By all means, write a snotty note back, BUT!!!! write it on a separate piece of paper... and then throw it away.

Snotty only begets more snot.

One of you should be a grown up.
Might as well be you. ;)

Thumbelina's Mom said...

Thanks, Roses, for that reminder.

Priscilla said...

I'm with roses.

My sons last teacher was so snotty. I would call her and find out why she was unhappy by asking her if there was anything I could do to help make her job easier. Always thanking her for doing such a great job with the kids. She was just so stressed out all the time.

After that I homeschooled.

No more snotty streesed out teachers to deal with. Just me!