Tuesday, January 02, 2007

The Stork is in the Air!

That's right, folks! Rumor has it that the Stork is beginning to drop off little bundles of referrals in Europe. So the Great White North could start receiving referrals tomorrow! I told the boys last night at supper that I thought we'd get our referral this Thursday and her actual packet of documents next Monday. Apparently, our little agency only gives out the babies name, birthdate and province/orphanage she is living in and then you get her picture with the rest of the documentation after it's been translated into English, but I'm going to beg our agency to e-mail me her picture before hand. I've seen Thumbelina so many times in my dreams, and the only time I've seen her face was when she was sleeping (in my dreams). We were all talking about names the other day - Husband needs to see her picture before we can pick out her name - and there was one name we all kind of liked. Is it bad if you used to have a puppy with the same name?

So it's the New Year. Still feels like the old year. Was it me, or did Christmas just not feel like Christmas this year? I almost feel kind of grinch-ish for feeling that way. And I'm anxious to claim back my house and put the decorations back in storage. Maybe it was the lack of snow. The temperatures here feel like the end of October.

This week I need to interview somebody to come work for me in the office. It's a necessary evil that I'm not looking forward to. Husband said she needs to have computer skills, but really, all my computer skills were taught to me by Husband. I did take some courses at our local community college, but that was years ago and it was all in DOS. I didn't enjoy DOS. I don't remember anything about DOS. My then employer paid for my course, and even though it was the beginning of the beginner course of computers, he expected me to be a wizard in all things computer by the end of it. I was able to flub my way through it enough to make him think I knew what I was doing. It's easy to impress somebody who doesn't know any better.

So today I need to find my desk and get back to the grind. But first, more coffee.

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sooo excited! My new years resolution was to get a job and to get a girlfriend. Sounds like you have just solved the job part for me and it is only January 2nd. That gives me the rest of the year to get me a girlfriend. By the way, I can type several words per day and my computer skills are ummm unmatched! Plus, with me you are really getting two people for the price of one!!

This is going to be the best year ever.

PS Please let me know if this is a "live-in" position. I got me some new jammies for Christmas and am excited about showing them off!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh if only i lived closer to you, i'd come work for you in the office, since i kinda need a new job but not really, & your neck of the woods sounds like outdoor heaven to me :) hmmmm would the pay be enough to live on my own? cause then i'll move there and work for you :) wouldn't that be funny??? lol, good luck, really though, i do wish i lived closer, i really would apply to work for you guys :) hope your dreams come true with thumbelina :)

Anonymous said...

Oh Judy, I'm so excited for you, just can't wait to hear all about your new little baby!!

Julie

Anonymous said...

I too would like to apply for the position. My computer skills sound better than Melvin's. I am proliferent in solitair, spider solitair and minesweep. And my spelling and grammar skilss are outa this wrld.

I am also very good at making coffee and serving it to you in bed since I hear this is a live in position. Mind you, you'd have to move over so I can enjoy my cup of hot chocolate next to you.

Lola said...

Ohh Trixie is such a beautiful name to name your baby girl!! I'm so excited for you.

Thumbelina's Mom said...

Um, I think we need some clarification here -

Melvin, Brockville is too far away. Stay there! You need the help from the Psych doctors far more than I need your help in the office.

Melvinette - Eeuuuwwe. That's just not a pleasant picture in my mind at all.

Thanks to Cute One and Julie for the well wishes.

Lrv/Lola - I've never had a puppy named Trixie. I think you're a bit confused. BTW, aren't you supposed to be working? Does your boss know you're reading blogs on company time?

Anonymous said...

Please send me Melvinettes number. I may have just completed all my new years resolutions! I totally ROCK!

Also, from all the commentors I would like to wish a happy new year to JAJ and AB. Here's hoping their blog is as successful this year even more so than last.

Thumbelina's Mom said...

You are so weird.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Melvin. That means alot. Sometimes I wonder if the blog is worth it. People like you make me think that maybe it kind of might be (sort of).

Good luck on your resolutions. I'll put in a good word to JAJ for you (not that you need it!) Your recovery is astounding! I hear that you will be allowed to handle your own cutlery at mealtimes now. That is exciting news!

Thumbelina's Mom said...

Do you hear that? It's the sound of me banging my head on my desk. For real. Slow work day?

Anonymous said...

I have to ask, do you really think that Pudge is an appropriate name for a girl? I'm guessing it means something nicer in Chinese?. You realize how her full name would sound?

Thumbelina's Mom said...

I've never had a puppy named Pudge. You are so weird.

Anonymous said...

Why would you want a puppy named Pudge?

Thumbelina's Mom said...

I don't. Stop being so weird.

Anonymous said...

Don't you just sometimes wish you didn't give your blog address out to some people? Although I suppose now you will have some empathy for me and I do welcome your pity.

Anonymous said...

Puddles is a weird name to give your daughter ...but hey if you like it I guess we'll all have to get used to it.

Lola said...

Are you really going to name her "Killer"? One things for sure ...it will keep the boys away!

Anonymous said...

Did you realize that 2007 is the Chinese year of the Pig? 2006 was the year of the dog.

I'm thinking, instead of Bowser, what about "Miss Piggy".

Thumbelina's Mom said...

JB, I so do empathize with you. I've got my own little Melvin in the form of Lola. Oh, was that out loud? Lola, you know I'm mostly kidding.

Seriously though, Wowzers!

Anonymous said...

Oh come on Melvin. Is that the best you can come up with!

JAJ take my advice. Since she will be just a wee bit of a babe if you are going with the pig theme then may I suggest "piglet". Oh how cute is that!

Thumbelina's Mom said...

I just got some spam in my in-box and my first thought was, "Oh thank GOD! Somebody normal!"

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... Spam, similar to Pam, yet different. It might just work.

In your face Melvinette. What did you say your number was?

Anonymous said...

WHo are these crazy (yet endearing) people??

I have thought about you every single day the past few weeeks.I check your blog first thing to see if the news has come yet. I am so excited for your referral to come!!!

Anonymous said...

She was referrring to you Melvin.

Thumbelina's Mom said...

These crazy people are a relation. A relation with WAY too much time on his hands.

And thanks AM, for sharing our excitement! Referrals have reached the west coast of the US - getting closer!

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.