Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Viral

I'm viral. Not so much me as my computer. How did this happen? I'm so careful! I feel like I've gotten a communicable disease and everybody I talk to will get it. Oooo, I'm diseased. On Sunday my computer wouldn't boot up. Took forever. Husband thought it was the power supply, so he took it in to have the IT Guy at the computer store look at it. Except that was yesterday and he still has it. The IT Guy thinks it's a virus of some sort, and he's a bit worried since it had to go through their system and then our system before it even reached my computer. So far, I'm the only one on our network that's affected, and what's really bothering IT Guy is that he can't find a virus. He thinks it might be a new one that's somehow snuck by all the fancy-do software. So I'm forced to use Husband's laptop - I feel so out of touch! Husband said I'm an addict and need help. I told him I just need my computer back.

Thumbelina. I sent our agency director an e-mail on Saturday asking her if she could send us Thumbelina's picture after she's had a chance to review all the files and she wrote back and said, "my policy is to send the pictures with the files." So I guess that's a big fat no. I thought maybe since she had been on holidays she'd be able to bend the rules for us. So Husband and I will be going to Toronto tomorrow afternoon to get her file and pictures FINALLY. Husband has to pick up his dad from the airport so it works out. Fil and Millie have officially flown the coop and are snow-birding it up in the sunny south. I hear that the temperature yesterday was 'dropping to 80 degrees' or something stupid like that. Anyway, Fil still has meetings and work to do, he just wanted to drive Millie down there and get her settled and then he'll be flying back there at some point. And Lola is hoping we can take him to the airport again and do some major shopping. I'm not enjoying this laptop thing, so you'll just have to take my word for it that we had quite the adventure the last time we took Fil back to the airport. If you want to read about it, it was last March sometime; if you look hard enough I'm sure you'll find it.

So I think right now I'll go wash the kitchen floor since it's not very convenient to read everybody's blogs at the moment. I miss you all!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AHHHH!!! Ive been waiting all weekend to see a picture!!! Aw Man! Well, at least you'll be getting to see a picture tommorow. And I dont care how tired you are, Im expecting to see her picture posted tommorow night. No Excuses.

Did you go shopping this weekend?