Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Are You Ready For This?

So the last few days of blogging have been mostly about our tale of woe with hiring people. And remember yesterday we thought we had hired a new guy? Nicknamed The New Guy? Well, he called last night, Husband wasn't home so I took the message:

New Guy: Yah, this is the New Guy, I'm supposed to start working for you tomorrow morning but I've talked it over with my wife and I won't be able to make it due to the hours.

So now we don't know if it's just today or the whole job he can't make. And Husband has been calling him and leaving messages and he's not answering nor returning the messages, so now I'm thinking he's not taking the job after all. Perceptive I am. Oh and the New Guy wears 3xxx size coveralls which Husband bought yesterday for him...

So let's not talk about the barn anymore; it's too depressing.

Yesterday I went shopping at the Village of Value. Bought some pants and shirts for the boys and the cutest little jumper for Thumbelina - denim top with leapoard print skirt. Too too cute. And I bought a jacket and skirt for myself because on Saturday is our annual Mystery Dinner at church and I'm one the characters. The theme this year is Egyptian and everyone is encouraged to dress accordingly. However, my character is a reporter so I'm going to try to dress reporter-ish and not Egyptian. I might carry a rubber snake or something. And Husband is beyond excited about dressing up. Yes, that was sarcasm. So my 'costume' will be a skirt, jacket (both navy), white blouse and one of Husband's ties - very business-like is the look I'm after - whaddaya think?

In exciting news, Rod & Mary Mia are now a family of four! Go check out their two little sweeties. I must have gone to their website a dozen times yesterday checking for updates and pictures. Soon 'twill be our turn. Soon.

No comments: