Thursday, October 19, 2006

Irritants

Have you ever had somebody that irritates you but you can't really put your finger on why? There's a sales girl from a phone company that bothers Husband (okay, she just bothers me) and we had the following conversation this morning:

Chickie-Poo: Is Husband there?

Me: I'm sorry, he's busy right now.

Chickie-Poo: This is Chickie-Poo from the phone company. I'm just checking in to see how he's making out with the phones I lent him.

Me: Okay, I'll tell him that you called.

Chickie-Poo: Not a problem! He can reach me on my cell.

First of all, the phrase Not a problem irritates me to no end. After she said it, I was thinking to myself, Well, maybe it is a problem. Maybe I don't want to tell Husband that you called. How do you know it isn't a problem? And yes, I really refer to her as Chickie-Poo. When she first started coming around last summer, I couldn't remember her name, so that's what she was called. And then when she did sit down and have a meeting with Husband, she wore a sundress and fancy sandals. I just didn't think that was very professional attire at all, not that I'm judgemental or anything. So after their meeting, Husband told her that he did want to try out the phones she was representing but we never heard from her again until Husband called her up three months later and asked for them. Again, very unprofessional that she didn't follow up, especially after she knew he was interested. She just bugs me.

But regardless of Chickie-Poo, today is a better day. Even though I have real problems today and not just ordinary crabbiness problems like yesterdary. So my real problems? My curling iron broke. And my hairbrush broke (the handle snapped right off). And I have to go to Tigger's class and help out this morning. So I tried to poof up my bangs the best I could, and I hair-sprayed the life out of them, but it's raining. So I'm not sure what they'll look like by the time I get to his class.

Oh, and you know another phrase that bugs me when it's overused? Like I said. In everyday conversation, if it's not over-used, I don't mind it. My neighbour overuses it. She left me a phone message yesterday and said it three times during her 15 second message. But anyway, like I said, and but anyway usually always preceeds like I said. Just thought I'd share.

Like I said, I'm off to brave the elements. Wish my hair luck! Not a problem, right?

No comments: