Sunday, October 15, 2006

Lost

I hate losing things. Especially when I know where something should be and it isn't there. We went out for lunch today for Chinese and I was wearing Husband's wedding ring on my thumb (the fingers on his left hand are swollen due to a boar and a boar harness and a rope wrapping around his hand as the boar turned around and ran the other way, taking Husband for a bit of a ride) so the wedding ring. Is lost. When we were finished our lunch, I stood up and the ring fell right off my thumb. So it's in the restaurant somewhere, but we couldn't find it anywhere. I was even on my hands and knees looking, and we pulled tables away and chairs away. But it's lost. Not my love for Husband, just the physical reminder of my love for him. Which is really upsetting to me. My worst fear is that a restaurant patron is going to find it and keep it. Anyway, they have my phone number in case it shows up.

In other news, Tigger's reader showed up in his classroom. Which makes me feel a whole lot better because we didn't leave it in Florida after all.

I just noticed today that my toilet has rings under the rim. And I'm disgusted by it because it means the housecleaner doesn't clean under the rim. Nor does she dust very well. Just thought I'd share. If I'm disgusted and grossed out, I thought you should be too.

When we were at lunch today, we saw some people there from our church. They don't know us very well (so they like us) and were surprised to see me walk in with the boys. One other time we were at the same retaurant but it was just Husband and me because the granparents took the boys out somewhere else for lunch and we saw these same people there. Anyway, these people didn't know I had three boys. They thought I had two daughter. Two teenaged daughters. I didn't get offended, I thought it was funny. Afterall, Zoomer will be a teenager next year. But one of the girls they thought belonged to me is a senior in high school. It must be my maturity that had them fooled.

So I'm off to find my sanity, because at the moment it's missing too.

*****

THE LOST HAS BEEN FOUND! Yay!!! Husband's ring, not my sanity. And it's all thanks to Molly. She was playing with it, so obviously the ring came home with us somehow. Oy. And suprisingly, I don't feel like too much of a dufus for searching the restaurant floor on my hands and knees.

Don'tcha just love this face?

1 comment:

Jo Jo said...

Yay molly, yay ring, yay for a happy ending to a not so happy post :) woo hoo. I'd be quite upset if that happened to me as well.