Monday, October 02, 2006

I'm Leavin' ...

On a jet plane, don't know when I'll be back again (actually next Monday) Wooooowooooowoooo.

And yet there's still so much to do. I didn't get all my office work finished, and I'm not done packing yet. The counter is messy, as is the dining room table and the living room. And the bedrooms. And the entry way. Why is it that everything gets in such an awful state of affairs as you pack? So not only is it a late night tonight, but it will be an early morning tomorrow. And I know I won't be able to turn my brain off because I'll be thinking of everything that is still left to do.

So we're off to Casa de In-Laws in sunny Florida for a week. The In-Laws - they crack me up. You have to know Father-in-Law (Fil for short) - he's a map drawer. We can't go anywhere without him asking us if we want a map. Or handing us a map. Or handing anybody a map, really. One day, Husband and I were joking about Fil and saying that at his funeral, we're going to hand out maps to everyone on how to get to the cemetary. It would make him proud. Aren't we just awful! Today Fil & Milly (Muther-in-Law...Milly sounds cuter than Mil) were over and Fil gets me to pull up a google map. Then for the next 45 minutes, he shows me where everything is. On the google map. Like I'm going to remember. And then Milly says to me Do you want me to draw you a map of the kitchen? She was serious and I tried my hardest not to look bemused. I mean, how hard is it to get lost in a kitchen? There's the fridge and stove and sink, and some cupboards...I think I'll manage okay.

Anyway, try not to miss me too much. Yah, I crack me up too. Talk to you on Monday! Smooches!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great trip. Enjoy the compound. Just keep in mind that once you drive in, the gates will close, and there is a chance that you may never be able to leave. Bwooo haaaaa blaaaa (evil laugh).

Also, people expect to be waved and smiled at as you pass. Not doing so can throw off their entire day. Use this to your advantage. Bwoo blaaa hiccup (failed attempt at evil laugh).

Thumbelina's Mom said...

Thanks, we will! And aren't you just laughing at the thought of Husband having to smile and wave at everybody??? Bwa-hahhahahaha

Anonymous said...

I don't think I am writing in time to catch you before you leave but I also had some advice about the compound. I have been reprimanded twice for walking down the wrong side of the road INSIDE the compound so I think I get one more warning before being banished. I also wanted to warn you about FIL maps. Don't trust them. One time he was driving AB and I to Wisconsin and we crossed the Port Huron border and before we knew it ended up at the Detroit border. Some chicken story got all of us distracted. Hope you have/had fun!

Thumbelina's Mom said...

That's funny! Fil actually sent 3 (three) different maps...of the same thing...just different maps...all of Port Charlotte and surrounding area...three.

As we drove out of the compound for the last time, Husband looked at me and said, "Can you hear them cheering? We're leaving." Our boys were the only kids there this time.