Tuesday, October 24, 2006

You've Got to Be Kidding Me

So Husband called that guy's cell phone one last time yesterday afternoon to see if he would answer and give an explanation as to why he didn't show up for his first day of work. A woman answered and said that the guy got a phone call in the middle of the night that his mother had died and he had to drive to Peterborough. She was supposed to have called Husband to explain, but the guy didn't leave her our number nor Husband's full name so she didn't call. I asked Husband how come she didn't answer the other times he called but he didn't know. What are the odds that two people now have a death (or imminent death) in the family right exactly on the day they're supposed to start working for us?? So now that other guy probably isn't fired after all.

But Husband still is in need of help so he's been going through the resumes. The next guy on the list starts tomorrow. It was funny when he returned Husband's call yesterday, the New Guy said to me So where is this for? I sent out a bunch of resumes and I don't know who you are. And when I told him, he got very excited and really wanted to talk to Husband. Turns out this guy even has experience working with pigs. Wow. I'm just blown away. (I'm honestly not trying to sound sarcastic). The New Guy's wife works nights so Husband has promised him he'll pick him up tomorrow morning but after that he needs to work out his own transportation arrangements. And it also ensures that he shows up if Husband is picking him up. Unless of course he has a death in the family too....

And there's one guy who is most likely on his way out. He might even be fired today. He made Lola's boss really really really really mad. But I don't know what happened. But this particular fellow already has two violations against him. And he has a hard time following instructions - he likes to do things his own way...and obviously he isn't getting along with his supervisor. I tell you, having this many employees is turning into a soap opera. As the Stomach Turns.

One last things and then I'll let you go. Last night I was extremely crabby. Like PMS-crabby-people-calling-me-nasty-names-behind-my-back-crabby. So Husband had to go to town and he said he'd bring me back some chocolate. Just before he left I told him I didn't need it, I was feeling better. He looked at me with big, serious eyes and said, Oh yes you do. My poor family. So you should all give your co-workers a big hug and be thankful that you don't have to work with me. Oh, and buy each other a chocolate bar.

7 comments:

Lola said...

What are your favorite chocolate bars? I'd still work with you...er, for you.

Thumbelina's Mom said...

Coffee Crisp all the way baby!

Thumbelina's Mom said...

And yours??

Anonymous said...

You should come to our house. We always buy our Halloween Candy early and then take out the ones that we like and give the kids all the ones we don't like. Well, we have a couple bags full of Coffee Crisps. The kids are not getting a single box of Smarties this year.

Jo Jo said...

Your life sounds like nothing but, ummmm, fun?!? stress?!? excitment?!? oh man, don't know if i could handle all the ups and downs you and your husband deal with DAILY :) Hope it all goes up from here, and no more death going on there.

Lola said...

My favorite. Let me think.
Big Turk
Smarties
Chocolate covered blueberries
Mars
Snickers
Kit Kat
Oh Henry
Coffee Crisp
Turtles
Reeces Peanut Butter Cups

that about sums it up.

Thumbelina's Mom said...

So basically any chocolate bar known to man?