Friday, October 13, 2006

I Don't Know What to Title This Post

Anybody watch The Office last night? I have to admit I don't usually start watching TV in the evening until 9 pm, but last night I decided to shirk my duties and have a crazy morning this morning. So I turned on The Office. I was laughing so hard at the beginning - when Michael was going to the storage room for pencils and coffee. My high school Science & Math teacher would sometimes do that if we could get him in a silly mood. There was a long counter at the front of the classroom and every once in awhile he would go to the 'basement' to get something. So funny. Wasn't the grief councelling session a hoot? Not to take lightly grief, but I was almost crying I was laughing so hard. Even Husband came in the living room and smiled - and he hates that show! Anybody know what movie Pam was talking about?

So today was another rushed morning. Partly because I had to take Zoomer to the dentist yesterday and we didn't get home until 6:30, then we had supper, Husband interviewed a potential employee, I talked to Lola on the phone, and then the boys went to bed. And I didn't feel like doing anything else. The hygenist asked if we wanted braces for Zoomer, he and I looked at each other and said No at the same time. I love crooked teeth - I think it gives a smile personality - and I love Zoomer's teeth. If he wants them we'll go ahead with it, but right now he doesn't.

This morning there's a light dusting of snow on the ground. Shaggy was insistent on wearing snow-pants, so I let him. I want to go back to Florida. I'm feeling like I should put away the fall decorations and get out the Christmas ones. I was going to say something else too, but it's gone. Just disappeared. Phwt. As is the remainder of this post. TGIF!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I almost cried last night when I looked out the window and saw snow. If you are going back to Florida please take me with you! Melvin may tag along with us but he is not so bad if we bring his meds.
We watched The Office last night also. Pam was talking about Million Dollar Baby with Hilary Swank. I found the funeral for the bird funny. Funny in a sad twisted sort of way.
Anyway, since you went to your store when you were in Florida does that mean that the Buffalo shopping spree is out? I was in California last week and did some shopping so I am good for a couple of weeks at least, (especially since Buffalo is in lockdown right now because of the storm) but I was hoping to visit before Christmas......
Oh, and I think I had the same Math and Science teacher as you and all he did was throw tennis balls at us.

Thumbelina's Mom said...

The shopping trip is definitely still on...still waiting patiently for our referral. My men were with me when I visited that store, so I didn't get to look at every single item because they were starting to whine...but I hope our shopping trip is before Christmas, but it's beginning to look like probably not.

I think Mr. Math liked our class the best, althought there were tennis balls thrown at us as well. And us being just the guys. And chalk. He'd throw chalk at the girls. Good times.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like the shopping trip is really inconvenient. I would suggest you just cancel it. You don't need the extra pressure, especially around Christmas. Perhaps the time could be better spent doing something nice for your husbands. Hmmm?

Thumbelina's Mom said...

Shouldn't you be busy working??

Lola said...

I really do think that we will be able to squeeze a shopping trip in. It may be inconvenient but, speaking for all included, I think we'll make the sacrifice.
I guess husbands will just have to settle for kraft dinner for supper.

Anonymous said...

Mine already does so I'm good!

Anonymous said...

Whatever

Anonymous said...

You got that right AB. You sound cool!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Your train of thought got derailed, huh? Happens all the time to me....what was I saying.....

Roses said...

Darn!
The one day I miss The Office...

Last week's episode with Jim playing the in-office war games:
A male co-worker (and fan of The Office) asked me if I noticed *the look* Jim got from his new female co-worker.
"Oh sure," I said. "I figured something was going on when she shot him up."
"Really? I didn't catch that. But I'm a guy. We don't always get girls' signals right."
"Yeah, well, girls aren't that great at giving signals, either. You know, we just shoot you down and then wonder why you don't call."

Thumbelina's Mom said...

So true, but even when we do spell it out in Big Bold Letters, men aren't the quickest to catch on to what we're saying...

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol online tramadol stronger than vicodin - order tramadol dog