Monday, December 18, 2006

Countdown to Thumbelina - 12

We're getting there, aren't we! Yay for 12!

Today, in leiu of a countdown, I thought I'd fill you in on more Office Drama. Because I know you're all dying to hear the latest installment of As the Stomach Turns. So. Where did we leave off...oh yes...

Remember the new guy? Ryan? He liked the job and the job liked him? Except he missed his first weekend working because he was in jail. Good, you remember. And then last Monday he didn't show up but it was just a misunderstang...he didn't realize he was supposed to come in. And then this past Saturday, he didn't show up. Again. And nobody could get ahold of him. BUT, he did come to work yesterday...with a broken nose...BECAUSE HE MOONLIGHTS AS A BOUNCER!!! I promise you, I couldn't make all this up even if I tried. So he was good enough to come in today, even though it was his day off. Because he missed Saturday.

And now there's a newer new guy - Jay. He's a friend of Ryan's. Last week was his first week, and while he's not as good with the pigs as Ryan is, he's working out just fine. Except he didn't show up for work yesterday. And just Saturday, Husband had a talk with Jay and Jay said how much Ryan screwed up everybody else's day because he didn't show up. But he's at work today. Seems that yesterday his dad woke him up from sleeping...AT NOON!

And Friday was E!'s last day and now we have Our Pal. Our Pal has a sense of humor, unlike E! and Our Pal is easy to get along with. Again, unlike E! (and it's not a coincidence that ! succeeds E each time I type it). So Our Pal called Husband this morning and said, I have a problem - everybody showed up for work and I don't know what to do. See? A sense of humor.

So hopefully 12 days until we see Thumbelina's picture; 7 days until Christmas; 3 days until the boys are done school. AND, I'm almost completely finished with my Christmas shopping!!! Yay!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol Judy, never a dull moment at the funny farm eh?

Julie

Anonymous said...

12 Days! Less than 2 weeks! WOWWWWWW!!