Monday, December 04, 2006

Drat

I need to put on socks. It's snowing. Not drat about the snowing, just about the socks.

So are you ready for more office drama? Last week a guy started and he apparantly loved the job. And the job loved him. Win-win situation, right? Except he didn't show up for work on Saturday or Sunday and didn't return any calls. So we couldn't quite figure out why he 'quit' when everything was going swimmingly. He called a few minutes ago from a pay phone. Seems that between Friday night at 9:00 when Husband dropped him off at his house and Saturday morning at 7:00 when he was supposed to work again, he got in an argument with his girlfriend. And it got loud. And the neighbours called the cops. And he got mouthy with the cops. Which resulted in him spending the weekend in jail. And his only phone call was used called his dad. So. He's coming back to work tomorrow. I think.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you ever thought of starting a reality show? I think it could be really good.

Thumbelina's Mom said...

Keep an eye out for me will ya? In case our life suddenly 'appears' on TV? You never know who's reading the internet these days...

Anonymous said...

ok, honestly, what the HECK ???? you so should start a reality show darnit, that has to be the longest running "heres a job but i'm not showing up" ever, from so many people. WOW...they must all live out your way.

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Wow. That IS drama. And the socks thing- don't your feet get cold? :-)

Thumbelina's Mom said...

My feet feel really constricted in socks and they don't like that feeling. Yes, I know I'm starting to sound like a nutjob. Anyway, I think it's officially winter time here, so the socks have gone on first thing this a.m.

Anonymous said...

Yes you are sounding a bit like a nutjob. takes one to know one right. can I recommend bunny slippers or some other cute animal. they are very comfortable, less constricting, and lets face it, it can be lonely sometimes and it is always nice to see a friendly face. I am never far away from Hare and Thare. Yes I named my left and right slippers.

good luck!