Friday, December 15, 2006

Countdown to Thumbelina - 15

In today's Countdown to Thumbelina the topic will be The Top 15 Shows On TV When I Was 15 Years Old. So here goes (and these are listed in order according to the ratings system for that television season):

1. Dynasty - didn't watch
2. Dallas - didn't watch - I did watch Falcon Crest for awhile though...I think my Grandma got me watching into that show
3. The Cosby Show - watched it and loved it
4. 6o Minutes - didn't watch
5. Family Ties - watched it and loved it
6. The A-Team - my brother watched it; I found it annoying
7. Simon & Simon - watched it and loved it and had the biggest crush on Jameson Parker
8. Murder, She Wrote - didn't watch
9. Knots Landing - didn't watch
10. Falcon Crest - did watch - see #2
10. Crazy Like a Fox - didn't watch
10. Cheers - watched it and loved it...except for Diane...it was much better when Rebecca came on the show, and if you've been paying attention to the numbering, you'll notice that the last 3 shows were tied for tenth place
11. Riptide - watched a few shows...I remember cute actors...don't really remember the premise of the show
12. Magnum, PI - watched it and loved it and still love it
13. Newhart - watched it and loved it - I'm Larry, this is my brother Darryl, this is my other brother Darryl - I was telling my boys about that show and while they laughed at Larry, they didn't quite find it as funny as it really was.
14. Kate & Allie - didn't watch
15. NBC Monday Night Movie - which was a different movie every Monday night, and I would love for them to bring this feature back.

Unfortunately, Night Court was only at #17 and thus didn't make the top 15 list. I thought it was hilarious. One of my favourite shows of all time.

So did you watch The Office last night? I had other things to do, so I taped it. Except due to the extreme wind, or something stupid like that, it didn't actually record on the DVR. Husband said it actually needs two signals to tape something while the TV is on, and the wind would have knocked one of the signals out. Or something lame like that. So if you watched it last night, please tell me all that happened. Husband said he's programmed the DVR to not ever record The Office. And I rolled my eyes at him. I told him it was like a train wreck - you know you shouldn't watch (because it's stupid and you have better things to do with your time), but you just can't help yourself and you watch anyway. So.

I'm feeling better today, thank you for asking; a bit of a scratchy throat, but the headache and achyness are gone. And I did cook supper last night, believe it or not, because I forgot I already had some pork chops out of the freezer and we needed to eat them.

In 2 weeks, Christmas will be over. Just thought I'd share that with you.

No comments: