Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Countdown to Thumbelina - 17

In our Countdown to Thumbelina, we are at day 17. But today is also a special day. It is our 15 Month LID-Aversary! 15 months. Of waiting ever so patiently. Yes, patiently. Sometimes.

So our countdown today will be a bevy of Christmas-related questions. Fifteen. In honor of our 15 Month LID-Aversary (weren't you paying attention?) And I'm tagging you to answer all of these questions as well. If you're reading this, consider yourself tagged.

1. Are you a re-gifter? Yes, if the circumstances and gift warrant it.

2. What is your favourite Christmas Carol? Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer

3. What is your favourite Christmas special? You know, where it just wouldn't be Christmas without watching it at least once? National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

4. Do you decorate the outside of your house? Usually. This year I'm still waiting for Mr. Toad to help me put up my new lighted garland...I thought I'd ask him instead of Husband because Husband is too busy...

5. What is your best Christmas memory? A few years ago we were over at Husband's parents for Christmas and his uncle didn't wrap any Christmas gifts that he was giving. So any time someone unwrapped a present, Uncle would ask for their wrapping, duck behind the couch and quickly wrap it around the gift he needed to give, sans tape of course because that would have taken too long, and then hand it to the person. Then he'd say, Careful with the wrapping, I need that back! You had to be there, but believe me, we were all in tears laughing so hard.

6. What is your favourite family tradition? Husband reads the Christmas story to us from Luke chapter 2 and then while Husband and I sip our coffee, we watch the boys dig in to their presents. And then we have Jaj's Famous Christmas Morning French Toast. We only have it on Christmas. It's really quite spectacular.

7. Have you finished your Christmas shopping yet? No

8. Have you started? Yes

9. Online shopping or malls? Mostly malls, but a couple of online gifts

10. When do you usually start your shopping? August or September, but this year not until November, although I did buy something last January...

11. Do you send out Christmas cards? Yes

12. Favourite thing to do during the season? Play games with the boys. We have a park in town that is famous for it's lights, so I guess maybe one of these days we should actually take the boys through the park to look at the lights.

13. How many Christmases will you be having? 3 - one Christmas Eve with my side of the family, Chrismas Day with Husband's side of the family, and then Boxing Day with our own little family. Yes, we'll be making the boys wait until Boxing Day to open their presents because Husband will most likely have to work most of Christmas Day. We used to have to do 3 Christmases all in one day, but once Zoomer was born it was just impossible to do, so we politely said Not ever are we doing this again!

14. What do you want for Christmas? So many things - Thumbelina's picture, a clean house, Husband not to have to work, happiness and peace...

15. Favourite Christmas recipe?

Out of This World Cookies:

1 1/2 cups peanut butter
1 cup icing sugar
1 cup crushed cornflakes
1/2 cup chopped dates

Mix all ingredients together. Roll into balls. Put in freezer on a cookie sheet until they're hardened. Dip into melted semi-sweet chocolate (with a little piece of paraffin wax all melted together - the wax makes the chocolate smoother). Place on waxed paper to set.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. no
2. Something about Christmas time - Bryan Adams
3. A Christmas Carol or the Grinch..depends on my mood.
4. Yes
5. When I was little someone came to our house dressed up like Santa Christmas morning.
6. Opening presents?
7. no
8. yes
9. Both
10. November
11. yes, normally late though.
12. Open Presents?
13. 3 - my family, AB family and our own.
14. a new kitchen
15. Santa Surprises if AB makes them for me.

Thumbelina's Mom said...

You're still a kid at heart - all about the presents, aren't you.

You need to share the Santa Surprises recipe...or is that the one I gave you? Regardless, you still need to share!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the memory of your uncle and the wrapping paper. SOunds like my family.

Janet T.

Anonymous said...

The Santa Surprises is the recipe that you gave me. AB may have tweaked it a bit though. They are a pain to make but totally worth it when someone else makes them for you.

Pauline said...

1. Sometimes - if my daughter gets duplicate gifts
2. My Grown Up Christmas List - Natalie Cole
3. A Christmas Carol - The original
4. Sure Do
5. I had moved out of my parents house for a few years and I hadn't moved everything out and they wrapped up a box full of my stuff....what a laugh we all had
6. Opening our Christmas stockings in bed with a nice cup of tea
7. Pretty Much....I do still have a bus driver to get for but haven't figured that gift out yet.
8. yes
9. Malls
10. January....really!
11. Yes
12. Visit with friends and Family
13. 3 - one on our own, one with our friends and one on boxing day with family
14. IPod
15. I don't have one myself but I sure do love cookies made by "AB"