Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Countdown to Thumbelina - 18

So. Didja miss me? Wonder where I was? I was off shopping with Muther all day. Christmas is coming, you know. Muther called yesterday and wanted me to go out to lunch with her, but I don't usually do lunch, especially when my stomach is full of butterflies because of upcoming cantatas, so I declined. She said she just wanted to spend some time with me, so I told her I needed to go Christmas shopping and she was welcome to come along if she wanted to. So she changed some appointments and said she could come. I wanted to be the good daughter for once...instead of my imaginary sister always getting to be the good daughter. And now I am! Got the boys all bought for, got a few things for Husband and few other relations and I'm not quite so panicked anymore.

The cantata? It went fine. Very fine. Really fine, even. At first it looked like Husband wouldn't be able to make it. I know! King of the Sound System not being there! Panic again. Because whats-his-face-new-guy didn't show up for work for the second Monday in a row. And Husband was going to cover the evening shift instead of going to the cantata, but when he got there, the new-guy was there. Turns out it was just a misunderstanding on the new-guys part. And this is so weird because before I published this post, the last 3 sentences were here, and then after I published it - they vamooshed. And now there's a whole lot missing that I'm re-typing. So anyway, Husband was able to make it and he saved the day.

And now I'm trying to remember what all I had written before because it actually was a little bit clever.

Oh, I know what it was - I received an awesome complement from a party-crasher guy. We always have a get-together for the choir members and their families (I think next year Mrs. Choir Director should clarify that family means spouses and children - not in-laws and out-laws and cousins by the dozens...see? Clever) Anyway, one of the party crashers asked me if I took voice from The Royal Conservatory of Music. Wow. Party crasher guy was critiquing me - Good vibrato, good breath control - totally made my day. I told him who my voice teacher was (when I was taking lessons) and party crasher guy knew of him. My voice teacher was actually at one time an adjudicator for the RCM and actually adjudicated for my sister-in-law when she took a piano exam there (Hi Allie ~~~~~I'm waving~~~~~). Small world, isn't it.

So there's not going to be a top 18 list today. Because I've talked your ear off already.

Oh, I did have a weird dream last night. I know, like my dreams are normal. All I remember is that all the girl names in the world were taken and I had nothing to name Thumbelina. Thumbelina is not going to be her real name; sorry to drop that bombshell on you. The only names left in the world were Amy and Ashlynn. And I don't want a name starting with A because Zoomer's name (AJ) starts with A. So I picked Amy because our pastor's daughter just had a baby last week and named her Ashlynn. BTW, I really like both names. But I was seriously in a panic in my dream because every name was gone. As in vanished. There was nothing left.

That's all.

Thank you for tuning in to another fascinating episode of Life on The Funny Farm.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that the Contata went well. I am forever reminded of the song "Why can't Christmas just be Christmas". Brings a tear to my eye ... oh ya, and a shudder.

Thumbelina's Mom said...

Why can't Christmas just be Christmas? Why must we change it so?
Why can't Christmas just be Christmas? Where is all the warmth and glow?
It's erased by the dadadada, the clatter and noise...
No wonder dadadada to little girls and boys...

Anonymous said...

Why can't Christmas just be over .... HUMBUGG

Thumbelina's Mom said...

Oh come on, you don't mean that! Aren't you super-excited about spending the day with family??? I know Husband is!