Thursday, December 28, 2006

Countdown to Thumbelina - 2

Can you believe we are at 2??? Wow. Yesterday's rumor was that referrals weren't going to arrive until after the New Year, and I'm kind of thinking that's what will happen. Also, supposedly the CCAA will be working through the weekend and taking 2-3 days off for New Year's so maybe this weekend they will be doing a last minute crunch to finish off as many matchings as they can before they mail everything off. One can only hope. But regardless, we're still down to 2 in our Countdown to Thumbelina. So without further ado, I present to you The Two Christmas Presents That Brought Me to Tears:



I know!!! Can you believe it??? This was my gift from Husband. We were looking at new vehicles in the summer but decided to wait another year and stick it out awhile longer with the van. But Husband surprised me! It's a 2003 Chevy Envoy, seats 7, and has so many cool gadgets and gizmos it will take me awhile to figure everything out. I did find out how to save my seat setting. The owner before me must have been super tall because everytime I got into my truck I felt like a little old granny, just peeking over the steering wheel.




And this was the other present that brought me to tears. I know it's not a very good picture, but isn't she just the sweetest little baby doll you've ever seen? Husband's sister Allie and her husband Lewis gave it to me. I just love her and love to stare at her. Sigh. So special.

And lest you think I'm not thankful for my other gifts, I truly am. Husband and I got a Trivial Pursuit game of the 80's, and I'm dying to play it. I got a lot of Creative Memories products and I'm anxious to put them all to good use. We had a really wonderful, relaxing Christmas.

Allie & Lewis:


Trouble:


Zoomer and Uncle Lewis playing a trumpet duet:




Zoomer has a friend coming to stay with us a for a few days; I didn't actually find out about it until yesterday when said friend called. I knew they were planning something, but all Zoomer would say was 'we're just going to get together over Christmas'. And apparently Zoomer asked me if friend could sleep over at some point and apparently I said maybe. Sounds like something I'd say, but I just don't actually recall at what point we had this conversation.

Buddy, the idiot dog, got loose this morning and was running amok. All over. And was headed toward the road as I'm running behind him calling his name. Yes, running. And now I can't walk. The dog was chasing cars. On the road. With his chain dragging behind him. His chain somehow came apart where it hooks onto his dog house, so nothing was broken and I was able to secure it a bit better. I hope. I can't bring him inside just yet, because our cleaning lady is here today moving dust around and she brought her kids with her and Buddy doesn't like other people's kids. He tolerates the boys. I'm not worried about when Thumbelina comes home though, because Buddy seems to be taking his anger issues out on Molly - which is actually quite comical to watch because Molly will sit and stare intently at Buddy and it drives him crazy - and you can see the playfulness in her eyes as she's doing it. She's a little pot-stirrer, that one.

Have a good rest of the week everybody! And I hope your Christmas was a special as mine was.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lucky girl, someone has a great husband, what a surprise :) gotta love our lack of snow to test its capabilities eh? lol :) wow, that would certainly bring anyone to tears!!! and that doll, she's beautifull, such a sweet thought :) enjoy your gifts :)

Thumbelina's Mom said...

He's a keeper!