Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Antsy

I'm antsy today; I'm wondering when referrals are coming and its starting to drive me crazy. Not my normal crazy, a different kind of crazy. A whole new level of crazy. So in honour of me being crazy, I present to you my newest e-bay acquisition. Isn't it just darling?!?!?
I absolutely love it. Aren't those carpis just too sweet? It's a size 2, so hopefully Thumbelina will be able to wear it one of these summers; and if by chance she is a size 2 in the middle of winter, then she will be one chilly little girl!

Science Fair projects are due tomorrow and we are wondering how to transport goldfish without killing them. Husband suggested plastic bags, but I said that would freak them out too much and they'd die of hyper-ventilation. That's really why a lot of goldfish only live for a couple of days; generally if you can keep them alive for a week, they'll be okay. Salt helps by taking some oxygen out of the water and then they won't hyperventilate quite so much. Goldfish don't like change. So AJ's project was to grow goldfish in different sized bowls to see if they grew to be different sizes according to their environment. It worked; the biggest goldfish lives in the biggest bowl and they were all pretty much the same size when we bought them. Husband thinks we should just put saran wrap over the top of the bowls and duct tape it in place; I'm worried they'll suffocate, but his argument is that they're not going to die in the 15 minutes it takes to drive to school. We'll have to see.

We did CJ's volcano last night just before bed - I made Husband do it with us and it was a success.
CJ was screaming that the 'lava' was burning him so he did his stop-drop-roll technique. And yes, we would not be surprised if he included that in his presentation to the class.

I need to also find my desk; my workstation is buried under boxes and drywall dust. Oh joy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just a comment on the goldfish tank. I would recommend covering with saran wrap and then covering the entire tank with a towel. Keeping it dark will keep them calmer. Hopefully the fish won't get car sick. If they do, It is my experience that you don't normally get car sick if you are the driver. Don't get me wrong. I do not condone that fish should drive, but sometimes you have to bend the rules. Keep in mind that if you get caught, I will deny ever saying any of this. I'm sure you'll be fine though.

About your being crazy, don't worry; it happens to everyone (although I must admit, you have it in spades). You may not believe this, but I have been known to have the odd crazy moment although it has probably been a few years since my last one. It is normal to feel this way. I know that hearing this from me will probably go a long way to making you feel ok with it.

Good luck at the Science Fair - Hope you do well!

Thumbelina's Mom said...

What does that mean - you have it in spades - really - what does it mean?

And yes, I hope we get a good grade on our project too.

Anonymous said...

...never mind

Aimee said...

Hey there......

You've been tagged, check out my blog.

Staeblergfie said...

Water is not just way to flush out toxin but if you have more water in your body you will generally feel healthier and and fitter. I have a set of Tupperware canisters that are over 20 years old and going strong! When you are visiting Kauai, you should be sure and book a luau for at least one of your nights on the island.