Saturday, April 29, 2006

To Be a Kid

And not have to worry about putting on weight. CJ has a problem with food - he steals it out of the cupboard or fridge, especially if it's something special. To us, anything is special because I don't buy things with sugar (unless it's in there naturally) or additives or preservatives. Makes the child go bonkers. So last night as a special treat, I bought McFlurry's from McD's, except I was super full after supper and didn't eat mine; AJ is still away until this aft at the youth conference, so I decided to save mine for him to enjoy later on tonight...except I caught CJ sneaking bites from it and a good portion of it is now gone...and this after I discovered he had opened a bag of Crispers (I had company yesterday, more on that later)...so his punishment is that he's grounded from having his buddy come over on Sunday afternoon, which they've been planning for a whole week now. I don't know how to stop him from this sort of behaviour, unless I take away something that he really wants. But the child is skinny - skinny and muscular. I wish I could eat whatever I wanted and never gain weight...I used to be like that when I was a kid.

Husband suggested we start chasing each other throughout the house with toy swords and make Star Wars sounds with our mouths and maybe we could lose some weight...that's all CJ and TJ do and they don't have an ounce of fat on their bodies, so maybe that is the secret. Couldn't you just see us doing that!

So you're probably wondering why I have Crispers in my cupboard...or maybe you're not...so I'm going to tell you anyway! Crispers are company crackers and I had company over yesterday to help me put starting bids on the items for the auction...except I forgot about the Crispers, so we never did eat them. Lola came over, and Sylvie & Pudge, E!'s wife, S! came over (she's about 3 days overdue with her baby and depressed about it so even though she didn't know any of the other ladies, I thought a day out of the house would do her good and maybe even the excitement of it all would put her into labour) and then in the afternoon the Twin's Mom came over (TJ has twins in his class). We had so much fun...especially when Sylvie found a bag of hats from the 1940's and 50's and we were all trying them on. Oh the laughter! Poor little Pudge was missing his afternoon nap, but he thought we were hilarious and would clap for us...it was just so much fun to be silly. Can't wait to play dress-up with Thumbelina!

I wanted to post some pictures for your viewing enjoyment but blogger is being stupid right now and not cooperating, so the pictures will have to wait for another time.

1 comment:

Lola said...

Where's my Crispers??!! Please don't tell me they were Salt and Vinegar. They are my favorite.