Friday, April 07, 2006

D'oh Moments

Husband and E! have gone to London today to visit with a vet from England. Cost is a bunch of British pounds. I picked up the pounds at the bank yesterday and when I got home, I counted them out and looked at them. My first thought?
Hey, they have the Queen on their money too!
D'OH! No, I didn't say it out loud. It's Friday and it's raining, I figured you guys could all use a laugh.

Last week when we were in Buffalo, Lola and I went in to the Disney Store. It's just a fun store to go into. Right at the entrance was a display set up for Chicken Little which has just come out on DVD. Looks cute, I think my boys would enjoy it. So I'm looking at the the cover of the DVD and it says that you can get the actual movie at the cash register. Good enough. Lola and I are aimlessly wandering through the store, commenting on this and that and then we leave to go to Christopher & Banks, which was 2 stores down. As we were looking at all the pretty clothes, I dropped something; I thought it was a purchase from a previous store that had just fallen out of my bag, but when I looked at my feet I saw it was the empty Chicken Little DVD cover! Talk about embarrassing! I was tempted to just accidentally leave it in the change room - oh don't give me that - you'd be tempted too! But then I could just picture the sales girl noticing something in there as I was leaving, "Excuse me Ma'am (I hate being called Ma'am - makes me feel old) but you forgot something!" and then she'd have to chase me down the mall with it and it would just make too big of a commotion and embarrass people even further. No, I couldn't do that. I carried it with me as I paid for my new clothes and then while Lola was paying for her clothes, I took it back to the Disney Store...where I quickly glanced around to make sure there wasn't a sales person right nearby as I pretended to read the jacket of the DVD. Then I put it back on the display. I figured we really didn't need the movie that badly if I didn't even remember I was carrying it around. You would have done the same thing too, you know you would have.

I went back to where Lola was finishing up with her purchase and as we were leaving the store I said, "I really like this store. Christopher Banks." And she said, "No, I think it's Christopher & Robin." And I said, "No, I don't think so." Where we proceeded to look at the bags in our hand and the name above the store entrance. Christopher & Robin. That's like Winnie & Pooh. No, I'm not being mean, Lola doesn't read blogs so I'm just posting her D'OH! moment for her.


My chocolates are all gone. Good thing too because now all my pants are tight. But boy were they good. They just would melt in my mouth...I miss them.

So why is that children never hear things that you tell them to do? This morning I was telling the boys to get their coats and shoes on. Nothing out of the ordinary, in fact, they wear their coats and shoes every single day. They all just looked at me like I had said Take all your clothes off and run around nekkid in the rain. No, not really. One of them started reading the newspaper instead. Then I said, "Boys, what did I just finish saying to you?" And their reply was 'get our coats and shoes on'. And my reply was, "So why aren't you doing it?" as the one reading the paper says "huh?" Maybe I should go run around in the rain for awhile.

No comments: