Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Feels Like Monday

Today feels like Monday only in that we didn't have a very good start to our day. I'll give you three guesses as to who the grump was this morning (no it wasn't me) and the first two don't count. Let's just say it was bad and that's the last time he gets popcorn after school.

So last night after supper we're helping the boys study. CJ and TJ both have music tests today (AJ probably does too but he's a little brainiac and doesn't need much help with studying). CJ, being in Grade 3 this year, is learning to play the recorder. Oh the joy of it all. He likes to play songs but he doesn't like to practice. Today he is being tested on a song - Kum Ba Ya - Oh Lord - Kum Ba Ya. Anyways, I was sitting on the couch holding CJ's music in front of me so that he could stand and have proper posture while he was playing. Husband was sitting beside me. Moral support. You know how the song goes, right? Just imagine how a recorder sounds...much like when a violin squeaks...you can't help but cringe in pain as you're listening. And I kept glancing at the clock, not really paying attention to my facial expressions. I was hidden behind the book so CJ was unaware of my pain. But Husband saw. And Husband started to laugh. Then I started to laugh. Then CJ started to laugh. So we compose ourselves and he starts again. And I started to laugh at that same spot. And CJ started to laugh. Okay, I can do this, let's try again. CJ started to play, and at the same spot I laughed. I guess I couldn't do it because Husband told me I was doing a lousy job as a music stand and sent me out of the room. I'm sure CJ will do fine today for his performance.

Today is my little niecies birthday. She is 5. I still need to go buy her a birthday present. I just got an e-mail from my Creative Memories consultant asking me to do a sample page for her Memoranza Day (formerly known as National Scrapbooking Day)...I can't be there because it falls on the same day as my Silent Auction...I think she feels bad because she scheduled it for the same day and now is giving me freebies to do a sample page yay...so what does all this have to do with niecies birthday? The colours for the sample page are pink, blue and brown, and seeing as I have nobody yet that wears pink in my household, and I'm not going to take pictures of myself, I thought I would do a birthday page of niecie. I tried to upload a picture of her so you can see how cute she is, but blogger is acting weird again.

No comments: