Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Names and Things

Did you hear that Gwyneth & Chris named their baby boy Moses? A little brother for Apple. I feel sorry for the poor kids. I'm sure their parents are great parents, but Apple & Moses? I was actually expecting something like Pear or Banana...but then I'm weird like that.

Isn't this a beautiful sight? Spring is coming! In celebration I'm wearing my flip-floppy sandals today. I work from home so I don't really have a dress code I need to follow, although I do draw the line at jammies and a bathrobe. So my sandals make this funny little tooting sound when I walk and it gives me a giggle. Yes, I'm mature like that. The only problem is that my boys are discovering exactly how 'mature' I really am. And they are using it to their advantage and are making me laugh when I'm supposed to be the parent. Last night at supper, CJ said Lookin' great milkshake! I just thought it was extremely funny. Husband wasn't able to eat with us, or I'm sure I would have gotten yelled at again. CJ heard that on Jimmy Neutron - it's apparently part of a rap or something. But it's still funny. I'm just waiting to say it to Husband today; I'm sure he'll be impressed.

But I don't mind laughing and having a good time with my boys. We don't do it often enough. I remember as a kid when my brother and I would be able to get our mom silly; fun times. I want my kids to remember me as being able to have fun, not always getting after them about picking up their clothes...why is it that boys never pick up after themselves? And why is it that they are really disgustingly gross? I think I'm getting used to always wiping off the toilet seat before I sit and having to flush it whenever I walk into the bathroom, that's life with boys. But why oh why do they not change their socks? I'm not talking about just leaving the same pair on for 2-3 days in a row, I'm talking about leaving the same pair on and layering them every day for 4 days or until mom notices and makes you take them off. Feet really stink when they've been in socks for that long.

And you wonder why I want a girl...

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Oh yah...bring on the girls! :o)

I grew up with 2 younger brothers which was always an education. I often enjoyed their antics but wouldn't let on to them because I was oh so matuuuuure!

I still remember knowing it was time to get up each morning when my brother was in the tub and I could hear the 'bubbles' bouncing off the bottom of the tub! LOL!

On a more serious not (if we have to I really appreciate what you said about wanting to be a fun parent. I can tend to get serious more often than funny. I want to remember to do those fun things in life. Who says a water balloon fight needs to be started by a kid?

Enjoying your blog!