Monday, April 17, 2006

Just Another Crabby Monday

Oh-oh-oh...wish it were Sunday...oh-oh-oh...

I'm trying not to be crabby but I'm starting to get overwhelmed. Okay, I'm very much overwhelmed. AJ is off working with the guys while I'm in here cutting out his letters for his Science Fair board. I know he should be doing it himself, but I did CJ's letters for his board, so fair is fair. I'm overwhelmed because I have been pushing and prodding him all weekend to get busy on it, and right now I don't have the time to be hovering over him to make sure he's doing it. I need to be hovering over CJ to finish up his board but I don't know what else to put on it for the time being. And I need to help CJ do his experiment - his project is volcanoes - to make sure it's going to explode and all...and I'm upset because Husband is nowhere around to help me out. He's busy - so busy - super busy even - and while most people adore springtime, there are times when I absolutely dread it because it is single-parent time for me. 'Tis the life of a farmer. And I'm upset with the school for assigning Science Fair projects to 3rd Graders. And I haven't even looked in TJ's backpack to see if he has homework and even though he's only in Grade 1, his teacher very well could have given him homework to do. Because she's like that. Her philosophy is If they don't finish their work in class then they have to do it for homework. A good philosphy, I agree, but sometimes 6-year-olds need a push to finish it. You wouldn't believe the amount of homework TJ had to do over spring break. And the silent auction is fast approaching and I'm not near enough ready and I have a whole slew of people yet to call about donating services or items. They all know about it, I think they're just awaiting my call. And my house is a mess and I want to clean it...well, I don't really want to clean it as much as I want it to be clean. My new cleaning girl is working out nicely...except she's not coming until Thursday and she didn't come last Thursday because of Friday being Good and she had to do Friday's houses on Thursday...but she offered to do me on Monday but it was still clean last Monday so I told her not to worry about it. And the boys are coming off of their sugar-high, so they're all a little crabby too. And Blondie is here getting more drywall dust everywhere. But at least he's here.

So I will write myself a list of things to do today, and my reward for all my hard work will be to watch 2 1/2 Men this evening. I'm almost embarrassed to admit that I love that show. Or maybe it's just Charlie Sheen...either way, it's my Monday night vice.

2 comments:

Richmond said...

I think Monday's are like that for all of us. Bad mommy me, I did re-con on my girl's backpacks this morning at 4am before I went to work. Thankfully, there was nothing important due. Whew!

Thumbelina's Mom said...

Glad to know I'm not the only one!