Thursday, April 13, 2006

Seven Months

Today is our 7 Month Anniversary as to when our dossier was logged in with the CCAA. In honour of our 7th Month, I've compiled a list of 7 Things I'd Like to Do...Someday but it's not the ordinary list like Go To China and Get Thumblina...or Go to Hawaii...those are givens. These are in no particular order:

1. Have a bon fire on the beach... I've never been to one and since my birthday is in the summer, I've always dreamed of having one; I do think that the public beaches around here would frown on that sort of thing, so I guess I'll just have to buy myself an island somewhere in the South Pacific where I can have a beach bonfire every night.

2. Take a photography class... I love my camera and I love taking pictures of my kids and I would love to learn to do more with lighting and what-not; I think I'd want to be a freelance photographer because I think putting up with people and doing family portraits would just irritate me too much.

3. Volunteer at a hospital and rock the babies all day... Pretty much self-explanatory.

4. Take professional singing lessons... I love singing and I've taken lessons before but there are still a lot of techniques and things I'm not sure about; would be helpful to pass on the correct information to my 2 students.

5. Buy cross-country skiis... I'm not sure this will happen because Husband doesn't want me to over-exert my hip (arthritis) but I would love love love to go cross-country skiing. Can't you just see me with little Thumbelina in a pouch on my back?!

6. Become a Creative Memories consultant... This way I could make money to support my somewhat-at-times costly habit.

7. Learn to row a boat... You know like on one of those rowing teams? I was watching TV the other night and on came a Lipidor commercial (I think it was Lipidor...something that's for high blood pressure but could potentially kill you...you know the kind) and this guy was in a row boat, but one of those sleek, long ones; looks fun and it would be great exercise to get rid of my European Chocolate pounds. Would also be helpful to have on my private island.

So? Share with me 7 things that you'd like to do.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Note: These are not in any particular order and again do not include the obvious such as travel, etc.
1. Own my own coffee shop- I should add that it is not my dream to actually serve other customers. I just want to have unlimited qualities of coffee and be able to taste test all of the different kinds whenver I want.
2. Be able to run a marathon- Again, I should add I want to be able to do this without feeling the pain or the discomfort during or afterwards.
3. Write a novel- A bestselling one if possible
4. Live on the beach- I could actually combine this one with number 3. I could probably write quite easily if I lived on the beach.
5. Have an unlimited shopping spree- Again without any financial penalties.
6.Design clothes- I would be fine with just designing my own. I don’t need to be a world famous designer or anything. I am a pretty realistic person.
7.Be able to eat whatever I want without any consequences. JB

Anonymous said...

I would like to post my latest "roll up the rim to win" story.

I just got back from lunch at Tim's. Again, had the chicken salad sandwich combo with medium hot chocolate and two chocolate pecan caramel cookies.

I was shocked when they put the medium hot chocolate on my tray and it was not a "roll up the rim" cup. For some reason, I just felt that today was going to be the day that I finally won something (it is my eighth cup and the odds are 1 in 9 to win!). I asked the lady what happened to the roll up the rim to win campaign. She said that it is still on, but they ran out of medium cups. I said that was fine, could they give me a large roll up the rim ...cup on the side. She said that would not be a problem and handed me my cup that I somehow knew to be a winner.

I sat down to eat and realized that there did not to be the long wait before the drink was finished before I could do the rolling of the rim. So, I abandoned the food (very surprising for me) and attacked the cup rim, which ended up being a please play again.

I felt bad for a few seconds, and just when I began to feel the tears welling up, I thought of something that put a grin on my face. My next cup will be number 9. It HAS to be the winner.

Anonymous said...

Did you hear about the lady in Thunder Bay who bought a coffee today and who threw out her cup without rolling up the rim and then went back and got it out of the garbage and rolled up the rim and won a new Toyota RAV4. Not fair!!