Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Apparently I Have Issues

But you already knew that, didn't you. I, on the other hand, am just figuring it out. Courier service guy was just here and dropped off a package. Molly was in the house with me, and she started barking when she heard his truck - she's getting to be a big dog, so now her bark is big as well. Buddy was safely in the other part of the house - he's the one you have to watch out for. So I put Molly's leash on her and thought how perfect it would be to have a lesson in not jumping on humans, wherein I would be standing on her leash and she would be unable to jump. But the guy refused to come in the house or even have Molly outside with me. I think he was afraid. But I have issues with him telling me what to do. It made me feel imbecilic. Consequently I don't like people who make me feel bad about myself. Especially when I was trying to tell him that she's just a puppy, loves people, and I'm trying to teach her not to jump. Not at my expense you don't, he said as he walked down the steps, parcel in hand. Put the dog in the house and I'll do the package out here, he said. I felt like a little child being reprimanded. And I tried to be understanding; he must have a deep-rooted fear of dogs, but really, Molly is just a giant sweet-heart. So now that I've reprimanded myself, I'm feeling contrite. And now I want to cry because of the day. But I hate crying so I want to eat chocolate. Or go shopping. Or scrapbooking. Or something. Boy, I'm just an emotional slurp aren't I. We'll both be glad when this day is over, won't we.

3 comments:

Farm Fairy & Bruno said...

What a naughty delivery man...Shame on him...And if he was really that smart he would know that he had the issues..not you.Take the package and I'll help you out on where to put the bodies of all those icky types.....

Roses said...

Don't take the delivery guy personally. He didn't have a problem with you or your darling pooch.
He, very understandably, had a problem with someone else's dog. Some one else who had been a moron.

It's not you.
It's that moron's fault.

HAVE the chocolate!
Think of what that brown can do for you!

Thumbelina's Mom said...

Thanks for the smile Halleyville and Roses =) you crack me up. I didn't have chocolate after all because I overdosed on it last week and now my pants are all snug...