Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Just Stuff

Today is my Dad's birthday. He would have been 68 years old. So today I'm missing him and my thoughts keep drifting back to him. He loved the boys and I know they would have had a close relationship if he was still alive. I used to call him up and tell him anything cute that the boys said or did. Sometimes Zoomer would call him up to see if he could come over and play, and Dad would stop what he was doing and come over and play. He was my right hand, especially at church. Dad would come out to the van as soon as I pulled into the parking lot and take whichever boy was the smallest and carry him in to the nursery for me. When Dad died, Zoomer was 5, Shaggy was 2 and Tigger was 9 months. I know that Thumbelina would have held a special place in his heart. Anyway, I'm starting to get teary eyed and I don't like crying so I'm going to talk about other things now.

Yesterday Husband had some office supplies to buy, as did I, so after school we took the boys to T'burg and did some shopping. And then we had supper. And then we came home. The end. Actually we had to do homework when we got home. Yes, we. Because it's just easier if I sit right beside Shaggy and watch as he does everything and to make sure he gets things correct. So it was a late night. Which means a grumpy morning, but it wasn't near as bad as I thought it would be. And it was kind of fun to just go somewhere on a school night. At the check-out there was a display of Easy Buttons and Shaggy pressed every single one of them. And I'm looking around pretending he wasn't my child, but when he kept calling me Mom, so it kind of gave it away. He reminds me so much of my brother.

That's all I got.

No comments: