Monday, September 25, 2006

A Little of This...A Little of That

First of all, congrats to all the families who will be receiving their referrals in the next few days! So very exciting! The CCAA has updated their website and has referred up to August 9, 2005. Only 35 more days until it's our turn! Yipee!!! And you've gotta know that I'm nowhere near perky enough to be shouting Yipee!!! at this time of the day...more like Yip if the truth be told. Sad, isn't it. It's approaching 9 am and I've been up since 6:30 am; I still have my morning voice and I feel...I don't know...definitely not perky. But I'm still only on my second cup of coffee, so brighter things are in store for me.

I was having some interesting conversations this morning with Shaggy and Tigger as I was helping Tigger get dressed. It's just easier if I help him ~ you know how Tigger's are...always bouncing around being happy. So he was telling me that when he's an adult he's going to have all of Daddy's property. And he sounds like Elmer Fudd when he talks, so it comes out as pwopewty. And then he asked if I would still be alive when he's an adult. When Tigger asked me how old I was in years Shaggy piped up and said She's 21! And then gave me a knowing look. I've trained him well. So then Tigger said when he's an adult he's going to live here, in the house he lives in now. I asked where I would live and he said next door...where Matthias lives (Matthias is his friend who's a year younger). I asked where Matthias would live, and Tigger changed his mind and said I could live in Grampa's house because Grampa would be dead by that time, and it would be great because I could choose any room I wanted! And then Tigger said he thinks when he's an adult that his pals will be embarrassed because he's going to have a wife and kids. His pals are all his teddy bears and stuffed animals. And he's still going to be sleeping with all his pals. I told him that it would be his wife who's embarrassed, not all his pals.

We are making arrangements to go to Florida over the Great White North Thanksgiving weekend. Courtesy of Casa de In-Laws. This is our summer vacation a few months late. I was really hoping to have our referral by the time we went, which obviously didn't happen, because I wanted to buy baby clothes. And I don't want to go all-out crazy until I have a better idea of what size Thumbelina is...but then I'm not sure if Florida is the right place to be buying a winter wardrobe for a little one who will be living in the Great White North. I guess I'll just have to make another excursion over to Buffalo. And I'm hoping to find a Tar*get store. I've ever only visited their website and I think I would really like it there and could easily make myself at home. Tar*get doesn't ship to the Great White North so if I find a store, I might have to rent a whole airplane just to bring all my loot home...so maybe I shouldn't look too hard for one, huh.

I'm out of coffee and need a re-fill and actually out of things to type. Have a good one.

6 comments:

Middle-Aged Moi said...

LOL! I love you and your son's discussion. We have those kind of discussions here all the time. Case in point- the other day my son said he was saving up his allowance to buy a camera. What for, I asked. He replied, " so I can take pictures of mouse guts." Yep, that's kids!

Janet T.

Anonymous said...

Hey anytime you are making a trip to Buffalo, let me know because I know exactly where the store you seek is located. I like to give tours personally.
By the way, tell Tigger that I would like to know where his two brothers are going to be living if he gets the house.

Lola said...

ME TOO!!! I wanna go! You can't leave home without me. Don't know my way around Buffalo but I do now know where not to park on this side of the border. :)

Anonymous said...

Buffalo Shmuffalo. That's all I got to say. Hopefully that will put an end to all this crazy Buffalo talk.

Thumbelina's Mom said...

Janet - I think your son would get along great with my boys!

JB - Would love to have a personallized tour of the store in which is sought.

lrv - I wasn't going to ask you to come, I was just going to tell you when we were going...

AB - Whatever.

Lola said...

So....if you weren't going to ask me to come but just tell me...does that mean that I didn't have a choice about coming or not. Because I really don't mind being told what to do...especially in this case.