Friday, September 15, 2006

Invisible

I felt invisible when I picked up the boys after school. And then I felt sad. I needed to talk to somebody after school but she was busy talking to other people, and I was patiently waiting my turn; I'm not going to jump in and start talking to her when she's conversing with other people. Girl A (with whom I needed to talk) and Girl B were having a conversation 1/4 way down the hill, I was standing on the top of the hill. Different parents were scattered around and kids were running around playing. I was waiting for my boys to come when Girl A and Girl B starting walking up the hill. Right in my direction. I thought Great, I can catch Girl A when she gets up here but Girl B was walking up the hill kind of sideways as she's talking and almost walked right into me. I got out of the way just in time as Girl B barely missed stepping on my foot, and then she just kind of looked at me like I was a nutjob to have been standing where she was walking. Anyway, my boys were being slow, plus CJ and TJ are each having a friend sleep-over tonight for their birthdays earlier this week (luckily our guests are brothers so hopefully everybody will get along famously) and I never did get a chance to talk to Girl A. Not that it's her fault, but I just feel like such a loser waiting in the shadows. And yes, I will have some cheese with my whine.

10 comments:

Roses said...

I hate that feeling.

To quote my friend Richmond, you can sit by me.

Thumbelina's Mom said...

Thanks =)

Middle-Aged Moi said...

I hate that feeling too! Sometimes you just stand there and think that nobody wants to talk to you, sometimes it seems like everyone is talking to you! C'mon people, a happy medium please!

:-)

Janet T.

Lola said...

I'll talk to you. What do you want to talk about? We can eat cheese together. I like marble, or on top of spagetti - havarti.

Anonymous said...

I agree with lrv - why don't you cook us up some spaghetti and you can talk while we eat. Just let me know when and I'll be there ... ummm for you .. ya, that's it, I'll be there for you.

Here's hoping this week is filled with sunshine, happiness, and a gentle breeze of peacefulness. Hmm, if not peacefulness then maybe a gentle breeze carrying the scent of barbecued ribs. I had that happen to me last night and it was so calming - really helps you put things in perspective.

Once again, glad I could help.

Thumbelina's Mom said...

Whatever

Anonymous said...

Umm Excuse me, but I don't appreciate being "Whatevered", especially in front of everyone.

I am asking, nay, demanding an apology.

Thank you kindly.

Thumbelina's Mom said...

Yada yada yada Whatever

Anonymous said...

!*@#%! (Excuse the spelling)

Did not mean to offend anyone, it's just that JAJ makes me sooo angry sometimes. I just hope this anger does not affect our blog.

Thumbelina's Mom said...

I'm rubber, you're glue, anything you say bounces off of me and sticks to you! Thbbbt!