Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Communication

Communication is a wonderful thing. Lack of communication not so much. This morning at the Jaj household, we've been lack. You remember a little while ago when Kid A and Kid B spent the night, and Kid A couldn't find his game-boy game when it was time to go home, so we gave him Tigger's to take home until we found his. We found his a couple hours after he went home and Zoomer gave it to him the next day in church. Tigger asked for his game back and Kid A said he couldn't have it back until he got his game-cover back. I wasn't very impressed but I let it slide. So finally this morning I mentioned to Husband that I needed to go shopping for a game-cover thingy but I didn't know what it looked liked and I told him about Kid A not giving our game back until he got his cover. And I've been looking throughout the house for it, but when you don't know what you're looking for, it's kind of hard. Then Husband's eyes got big and he said, I've got the game. Kid A's parents gave it to me. And then Zoomer's eyes got big and he said I know where the cover is - it's downstairs. So Husband went and got the game and Zoomer went and got the cover. Communication. Or lack thereof.


Morning's are always a bit rushed as we're shuffling the kids out the door to go to school. This morning was no exception. I tied my hair in a pony tail and brushed my teeth as the boys were heading out the door. As I was leaving, I said to Husband Are the boys in the van? And he said, Yes, they're in the van. I was a little annoyed that Tigger wasn't buckled in his carseat yet because Husband always makes sure he's buckled in, but whatever. So off we go to school. I let Tigger play his Larry-Boy game all the way to school, because he hasn't had it in about 10 days because Kid A/Husband had possession of it, and it was probably not the right game to send home with Kid A because Tigger had only had it for 4 days as it was his birthday present and it was still brand new to him. But I digress. When we got to school, Tigger had a fit (yes, he really did) because he had to turn the game off. So the tears flew freely and I grounded him from the game after school. And then I said Get your backpack and off you go. Except there's no backpack. No backpack. And he had homework in every subject last night so now all his books are at home. I was annoyed at Husband for not mentioning to me that Tigger didn't have his backpack - but now it made sense why Tigger wasn't buckled in yet - Husband just sent them out and didn't actually take them to the van. And I was annoyed at myself for not noticing that the backpack was in the house as I walked past it. Communication. Or lack thereof.

But I'm just glad I'm not a mouse today. We've caught 3 in the oven. Yes, we are having crockpot dinners until my oven is replaced. But the trap we've set in the oven has been tripped twice. So obviously the little mice who have escaped it have not communicated with the others to stay away from it. Which is good for us, not so good for the mice.

*****

So looking back through my posts, I see that I didn't mention the whole story of the missing game boy game. I am just the Queen of Communication, aren't I. When Husband told Tigger that Kid A was going to take his Larry Boy game home until we found the Narnia game, Tigger looked at Husband and said I'm not interested in your opinion. He's quite the character.

No comments: