Sunday, September 10, 2006

BPOH - Bedrooms

This week in Bloggy Parade of Homes we are showcasing our bedrooms. Hence the view from the doorway:



From the closet:
The picture above our bed is an Anne Geddes; it's of a preemie baby girl held in the palm of a man's hand. My girlfriend gave it to me after TJ was born, and yes, he really was that small once.

From the corner:
The mirrorred door is our closet door - it's a pocket door. When we renovated 7 years ago, we re-used the mirror from the bathroom and had it cut to size to fit the door. Did you see the Tim's cup on my dresser? There's usually a new one there every day...

A very small view of the closet:
Notice all of Thumbelina's pretty dresses. The closet is actually a very large walk-in, but my shoes are messy all over the floor so you're not going to get to see anymore of it than this. Our old bedroom closet was lined with cedar wood, so we re-used that as well in our new bedroom closet.

I love everything about our bedroom; it's very relaxing and quite often my refuge.

CJ & TJ's room:
Their room was built last fall in what was (hopefully) our last renovation. Since they've never shared a room before we thought it would be best to put their beds in the dormer and that would discourage them from talking at night...out of sight out of mind...they both have double-sized beds and there is tons of room for them to play and get in trouble.

AJ is in his room at the moment as a punishment, so I haven't taken a picture of it yet. His colour pallet is black and white and one wall is large diagonal checks - sort of to imitate the winning flag at a NASCAR race. I still have ideas for his room but they don't do anybody any good staying in head, do they.

Thumbelina's room has not changed since I painted it. So thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Roses said...

How nice!
I especially like your explanations of the small details.

If I did a BPOH of my kids' rooms, all you'd see would be pictures of boys' socks and underwear (in varying stages of use) covering nearly everything.
Ewww!

Jo Jo said...

your rooms are great. your master sure does look relaxing and tranquil, and with 3 boys i'm sure you need that refuge. i would love the shared bedroom for myself, those dormers are so cool and the design is great for the boys to be together but seperated. thumbilinas room looks cute and girly, just how it should with having 3 brothers. thanks for the pics :)

t~ said...

Your bedrooms look very calming. My boys would die for the 2 double beds. I really like the ceiling slants!

Shannon said...

Love the dormers! Your rooms are all great!