Monday, May 01, 2006

Monday Morning Mush



My basement before:

My basement after:

Lola with S! in the background:

Sylvie & Pudge:

Pudge:


Items are still coming in for the auction; I've secured an auctioneer for the live acution portion of it and he called me last night full of ideas. Having no real experience with actual auctions I have given him many liberties to run it as he sees fit; he might even wear a tuxedo! I think I'm going to be spending much of my day laughing.

There is a couple at church - the Sweets - they just celebrated their 56th wedding anniversary on Saturday...and they spent their day preparing for next year's auction. The Sweets have worked all year on making things for this year - he's a woodworker and she knits and crochets - they have offered to come over tonight to help me load up Husband's truck. Isn't that sweet? They can hardly climb up and down stairs, yet they want to help load the truck. Husband doesn't think one truck will be enough...I don't think it will be either.

Wednesday night is the school open house; the Science Fair projects will be on display, so I'll need to take the fish back to school. The items up for auction will be on display, and the kids are putting on a Patch the Pirate play. AJ is actually Pee Wee Pirate. He's so excited because he's only in Grade 6 and it's usually just the Grades 7-12 who actually get parts in the play. The elementary kids form the choir; AJ's voice will be missed in the choir I'm sure, because he is a very strong singer and on key, which always helps. You should come and see it!

E!'s wife S! is being induced today since her baby is overdue; I have to remember to pick up G! from school. I need to take the boys to get haircuts after school, and AJ is all concerned about what G! is going to do - is she going to come with us and maybe read a book? He's asking me all sorts of questions that I don't have answers for. He's the type of kid that needs everything planned out so that he can play out different scenarios in his head, I think. He is so in the wrong family!

1 comment:

Richmond said...

Holy cow you are busy! Cute pictures, especially of Pudge. :)