Friday, February 03, 2006

Anniversaries

Tomorrow marks our one-year anniversary where we officially started our paper-chase by having our fingerprints done. That was kind-of neat; we were buzzed through the locked police doors, taken downstairs to the booking room and had all our fingerprints taken. We were soooooo naive back then. The police officer who booked us...I mean did our prints...was making conversation, more out of politeness I think, and asked when we would get our daughter. My reply was, "Hopefully a year from now". Ha! Double Ha! When we sent our file in to China, it was a 6 month wait for referrals. Our log-in date is 5 months ago, but now the wait has increased to 9 months. I need chocolate!

On the 14th is our 14th wedding anniversary but Husband has his week already booked with meetings. I am 'penciled' in sometime in the evening - penciled because he doesn't know what time he can take me to dinner. And I'm rolling my eyes. I think I'll pick a restaurant and make a 7:00 reservation; and eat chocolate to hold me over until that unreasonable dinner hour.

Yesterday was Ground Hog day, and according to Wiarton Willie (I almost typed Punxatony Phil - I think I've watched Groundhog Day one too many times) we will have an early spring. This is what our big, bad, Canadian winter looked like as of yesterday...

It's raining today so now everything is mud. We'll have to come up with new winter sports that involve mud instead of snow - mud shoeing, mudding, mudball, building mud-men...the boys would have a blast!

No comments: