Sunday, February 26, 2006

Drat!

Referrals are out according to the CCAA website but it is still only a partial month, covering only 10 days. While I'm very excited for those people who will soon meet the newest additions to their families, it is disheartening because I'm wondering if it will ever be our turn. If this trend keeps up, we won't be receiving our referral until late September/early October. Our LID (logged-in-date) is September 13th. I guess I will just have to pass my time shopping.

In other news, TJ lost a tooth today! He was telling me that he didn't want to eat lunch or supper because it was too wiggly, and I knew it was loose, I just didn't realize it was so loose. When we got home from church this morning, his mouth was all bloody from the tooth and he let me pull it out. Here he is:

Guess what he had for lunch!

CJ is feeling a bit perkier today, so hopefully he'll be going to school tomorrow. Spring break is in two weeks so maybe that will give everybody time to get healthy again.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

TJ looks pretty happy about his tooth! Do you do the whole tooth fairy thing and have him put the tooth under his pillow at night and replace it with a coin or two?

I remember losing my tooth once - I pulled it out over top the the bathroom sink. As I wrenched it out, it fell out of my hand and down the drain. Parents told me that the tooth fairy would not come unless the tooth was under the pillow. I remember going to bed quite sad. When I woke up I checked under the pillow for a coin, but alas, there was nothing there. At first I was mad at the tooth fairy, then after a while I realized that the tooth fairy doesn't exist and not only that, but Santa Claus isn't real and ... Hmmm, I guess my point is that you should never do that with your kids, but that sure felt good getting that one off my chest. Thanks to your blog, I think I can finally tell my mother that next time I see her, she better be giving me a dime plus interest!

Hope this helps

Anonymous said...

I am a little confused over whose blog this is...is it AB's or jaj's?

JB

Thumbelina's Mom said...

Precisely! As for the tooth fairy thing, they know that I am the TF and leave the dough under their pillows. Going rate in our house is a loonie; CJ asks for specific denominations (10 pennies, 3 nickles, 3 dimes and a quarter) or something bizarre like that and we are only too happy to oblige because it's usually less than a buck.

Anonymous said...

I would like to request that any future comments from this "anonymous" person be screened for sarcastic comments. They are not appreciated nor are they conducive to a "healthy" blog.

Thank you in advance.

Thumbelina's Mom said...

Oooooo! Did you just flame anonymous?! I think jb was merely asking a question, I didn't find anything sarcastic in it at all.