Friday, February 17, 2006

Should Have Been a 'Wind Day'

The boys just left for school, I was too chicken to drive them in so Mr. Toad offered to take them in. Husband and E! are off to a meeting in Stratford hosted by a bunch of vets (big excitement on my part...is my sarcasm coming through okay?); E! flies back home to Alberta this evening so Husband is going to drop him off at the airport after the meeting and hopes to be home around 7:00 tonight. So back to the wind - HOLY COW! It is crazy windy! It is a constant blowing of about 50 kmph with gusts around 80 kmph; too dangerous to be sending kids out in it if you ask me.

Plus they've closed school at noon today. Why you ask? Let me tell you. There is a funeral this afternoon and the teachers wanted to go to it. So for half a dozen people to be able to go to this funeral, now there are about 25-30 people who can't. Doesn't seem very fair to me. I'm not about to take my boys to see a dead person, they are too young and immature emotionally to be able to deal with something like that. I think that the only children who should be at funerals are the grandchildren of the deceased. So because school is closed at noon and Husband is away I have to stay home. And what about the parents who work full time? Are they just supposed to drop everything and tick their bosses off and inconvenience their co-workers in the process? I understand why the teachers want to go, but it still doesn't seem right.

And since it's ridiculously windy and the boys are done at noon anyway, they should have just cancelled school for today. If you're going to inconvenience people and tick them off, do it properly!

No comments: