Saturday, February 18, 2006

Saturday Games

The boys and I played Scattergories all afternoon on Saturday; it's my most favouritest game ever and I finally found it on sale! I think AJ is starting to get the hang of it; the age on the box says 'Adult Game' but I let TJ play anyway. Boy, you start to feel pretty stupid when you get beat by a six-year-old! Children have such a grasp of the obvious that adults often overlook. The letter was E, category was Car Parts; all that came to my mind was steering wheel, muffler, carburator, so I went on to the other categories; Teej wrote on his sheet engine. Of course! AJ couldn't think of anything either (whew! I'm smarter than my 11 year-old but not my 6 year-old). Next letter was O, category was Articles of Clothing; after explaining what an article of clothing was, we started the round. I'm thinking orange socks but I scratched it out to use orange juice for something found in a refigerator (you're not allowed to use the same word twice). Couldn't think of anything, and neither could AJ. TJ came up with overalls; it helped that he was wearing them at the time. The funniest one was for the letter C and Things in the Sky; couldn't think of anything and AJ and I are both looking out the window; AJ put chickadee...TJ put clouds...yes, it's official, my children are way smarter than me. Than I. More smarter than I. Than me. Whatever.

No comments: