Wednesday, February 22, 2006

White Flag Wednesday

I give up. I don't know what to do anymore. I am at a loss. CJ didn't come home from school yesterday with his glasses; I asked him where they were and he had a worried look on his face. I should have dropped everything then and there and made him go find them. This morning he said he didn't know where they were because he gave them to Ben to hold on to...outside...after school...and he doesn't know what he did with them when Ben gave them back to him. We just got him new glasses in October because he lost them outside at school. Not to mention that these glasses were replacement glasses for the ones he lost in June. And I'm supposed to be eye-patching this child to boot! I dread going back to the eye-doctor for his check-up ~ he's going to think I'm the worst mother there is.

We didn't have the greatest mornings to start with; it just gets so tiring when he flops on the floor in a tantrum. I can't do this anymore. This morning's tantrum was over him having to re-brush his teeth because there was gunk up at his gum-line. It's pizza day today at school and, being the mean mom that I am, sent him a sandwich instead along with a note that he's not allowed to have pizza today. I really wonder what his teacher must think of us. And then we want to throw an innocent baby in the mix of all this??? We have lost our marbles! There are days when I really think we must be daft to think that we could possibly handle another child. It frightens me. We keep telling ourselves that this child will be one without our genetics, so it's a win-win situation...but who are we kidding.

Husband told me last night that he and E! might be going to Europe to look at farrowing crates. I flipped out (for me it was a flip-out). E! wants to physically stand inside to make sure there is enough room for the sow and a person and these particular crates are only Europe; there are no barns in North America with this particular crate. I don't know if I'm being selfish or a baby, but I honestly don't think I can handle being alone with 3 boys during school for 5 days. Other moms do it but I just don't know how. It is such a struggle to get homework done and everything is a battle.

I think I'm going to eat myself into a chocolate-induced coma right now and maybe when I wake up from it the glasses will be found and things will look brighter.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you need something stronger than chocolate?

Just an idea, but wouldn't the kids love a week in Europe with husband and E!

A good test would be to put all three kids in the crate. CJ could pretend he is the sow AJ and TJ could kick him around for a bit. Sounds like great fun. As for the glasses, let's face it, you don't really need them if you are locked up in a crate for a week. Both problems solved.

This would give you a week of JAJ time.

If this is not a viable alternative, I would recommend seeing a therapist and/or take some strong medication.

Again, I hope this helps.

Thumbelina's Mom said...

If only it were that simple!