Friday, February 10, 2006

Sick Again

CJ is sick again; he was up at 3:30 this morning puking his guts out. He was only sick the one time, but it's kind of like a free pass to stay home from school if you're sick in the night, isn't it. He was sick last Friday as well; he probably could have gone to school but it's kind of my fault he didn't. Last Thursday, CJ really wanted to stay home from school (TJ stayed home on Tuesday & Wednesday and CJ didn't think it was very fair); but it was CJ's teacher's birthday on Thursday. We enticed him to go to school with promises of a party and cake and chips. He said to me, "If there's no party I'm not going tomorrow." Silly me said, "Okay!" Turns out his teacher was sick and didn't go to school, so there was no party for her until she came back on Friday. CJ came home on Thursday and said, "Mrs. K. was sick today so we didn't have a party and I'm not going to school tomorrow!" He really wasn't feeling well because he didn't eat any supper that night, so we didn't make him go. Part of me wonders if he just ate too many chicken wings last night for supper; he had about 20...they are his favourite.

Here's the recipe, I don't like spicy wings and the boys hate anything remotely spicy. The wings were mediocre because I couldn't find the recipe I was after and because they only marinated for about 2 hours instead of all day. The longer they marinate the more flavour they have. Anyhoo:

1/2 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup white sugar
1 1/3 Tbsp brown sugar
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 tsp Worcerstershire Sauce
1/4 - 1/2 cup orange juice

The marinade was smelling really good until I put the orange juice in; I used almost 1/2 cup and I think it diluted it too much.

In case you're curious as to the Superbowl turbulence commercial, click here and scroll down until you come to Ameriquest Mortgage Co: Turbulence. It was really quite funny as well.

I better go check on my little sickie; I think he's playing GameCube at the moment...

No comments: