Saturday, May 27, 2006

Four Weddings and a Funeral

Well, one wedding and a funeral anyway. So today we went to a wedding, very simple and elegant. I've told you before that Husband is the Sound Master at church, right? If not, Husband is the Sound Master at church so that means we are invited to all the weddings. I don't mind - free food. The seating at the reception was a free-for-all meaning there was no assigned seating. Being the wife of the Sound Master means we always get the table in the back corner of the fellowship hall for weddings, banquets, whatever. So we go to our usual table and sit and wait. And watch people walk past us. And sit and wait and drink punch. And pretty soon, almost all the tables are filled except ours. We are the only two in a crowded room of 200+ people. One older couple came late and sat with us, but they left right after the meal and didn't stay for the program. Husband left the table during the program to sit at his control station leaving me all by my lonesome. I felt like I had the plague or something. And to top it all off, they didn't even have cake for dessert! They had sherbet but what's a wedding without cake? These were the favours - aren't they darling?



During the program they had a slide presentation of the bride and the groom growing up and then throughout their dating life. And I got to thinking that I don't take enough pictures of my kids. Until I got home and started looking through photo albums for pictures of Auntie for a display for her funeral, and that's when I realized I don't have pictures of anybody else except my kids.

So I beseech you, even if you are camera-shy like Husband and Auntie and others in our family, please let people take your picture. Please don't say Make sure I'm not in it, it will be so much easier when it's your funeral if there are family members who actually have pictures of you that they can display. At least that's what I told Husband.

No comments: